Reminder on Forum Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
So hunting celebs and influencers can keep on keeping on with their shady practices. When they are called out on their social media accounts, they just block us. Like this most recent incident. Hard to get the word out when they can just "cancel" those who speak up. But whatever, I'm not the least bit surprised. I've saw other forums do the same when people call out the shenanigans of those who profit greatly off the industry.
Remember that Rokslide wasn't built so you would have a platform to get the word out about things you don't like. It was built to help people in regard to hunting and gear.

Also, remember that we have a staff of about 25 volunteer moderators trying to keep things positive on the site. Threads like that are extremely hard to moderate because we then have to pick through the acceptable comments and the nonsense. It's impossible to get it right all the time so we end up with five more threads complaining about how we handled something.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, @Ryan Avery has some explaining to do about his new rifle, for sure. Until I'm informed otherwise maybe I'll just assume it's a pink 6 GT with a Quigley Ford optic.......
I think it’s blue but take in that I am colorblind. If you haven’t seen this article, there is a picture of it, I think it’s about the fifth picture down. (He doesn’t like it when I post this but hes the who one adopted me)

I think this site does a good job on the moderation.

In my mind good hunting forum is like sitting around a campfire in a hunting camp with friends.

If everyone is telling hunting stories, or telling each other tips on things to try its great fun, and everyone gets along.

You start talking politics, religion, ect it turns into a pissing match. The fun campfire group is ruined. Pretty soon guys are always looking to attack each other even on a hunting or gear thread , because they had beef over some political or other issue.

One of the first forums I ever joined has really opened up the door to all this bickering, politics, religion, ect and to me had ruined really cool site that used to be full of some of the nicest and most accomplished bow hunters
Probably in the world.

Keep up the good work Rokslide!

woods89

WKR
I think it’s blue but take in that I am colorblind. If you haven’t seen this article, there is a picture of it, I think it’s about the fifth picture down. (He doesn’t like it when I post this but hes the who one adopted me)

There was a more recent mention that rather piqued my interest as well....

I tagged him but did he show up to elaborate? Nooooooo..........

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I wish people would realize the damage they could do to a person and their ability to make a living based off hear say on the internet. It's sad that people are so quick to attack. It's not like any of us were there start to finish and have our own fully informed version of what actually happened. A few short fuses turned into a lynch mob and were ready to see the guy arrested. How's that fair? There's a process for our legal system. People should follow that and leave rokslide for what it's intended Hunting stories, gear reviews, dank memes, classifieds and making fun of Ryan Avery sometimes also calling Robby a legend.

Thanks Robby and staff.

Ps I heard @Ryan Avery likes to buy canned farts from TikTok models.....

Last edited:

dtrkyman

WKR
I am sure that those threads went off the rails, but how about a follow up from the powers that be regarding what they found out about the situation, I saw the video of the accused riding up and claiming he was legal.

We would like to know what went down!

The Walleye cheaters thread is still going.

CorbLand

WKR
My sentiments mirror that of deerhunt1988 but its a private site and Ryan, Robby and the bunch get to make the rules. Its unfortunate that both sides of threads like the ones in question cant have a mutual understanding and keep them moving forward respectfully and peacefully.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure that those threads went off the rails, but how about a follow up from the powers that be regarding what they found out about the situation, I saw the video of the accused riding up and claiming he was legal.

We would like to know what went down!

The Walleye cheaters thread is still going.
good question... I dropped the F&G contact effort because I talked to the OP by phone, and listened to the part of the podcast giving Elkshape's version. Like all he-said/he-saids go, they were different. I decided the law had done the proper investigation, and that's where we are going to leave it. I'd only wanted to contact the F&G originally because we'd not heard from Elkshape. Now we have.

We're considering the Walleye thread as we speak.

thanks!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
So hunting celebs and influencers can keep on keeping on with their shady practices. When they are called out on their social media accounts, they just block us. Like this most recent incident. Hard to get the word out when they can just "cancel" those who speak up. But whatever, I'm not the least bit surprised. I've saw other forums do the same when people call out the shenanigans of those who profit greatly off the industry.
we're gonna let the law deal with offenders, both known and unknown. It's just burning our forum down.

And don't forget, that you can share anything on your own social media, and if your friends agree, they'll share too, but lots of guys don't want to do that though because it brings the hate to their personal pages. We know how they feel. The OP put out a video on his own channel, and to us, that was stand-up-admirable!

We put a lot of thought into this, and I'm sorry it's not a good fit for you. Hope you'll stick around.

The OP in the thread that started this seemed pretty decent. Then WKR’s had to beat on whoever their favorite punching bag is this week.

I’m not surprised RS finally got tired of the same guys whining about the same hunting celebs.

I will say lately it does seem like RS has protected certain sponsors and hunting celebs. Could just be my perception though. Could have been new, overzealous moderators also.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The OP in the thread that started this seemed pretty decent.
he is. talked to him today at length.

not sure who you think we're protecting, but do remember that we've protected plenty (more) unknown hunters on here from this stuff. Slander is not fair to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.