Reminder on Forum Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, for squashing the drama. I do like the meme’s though please don’t take those away

70b426a4c92a4ad52250d79ee85e3bff.jpg

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
So here is an adult conversation that is drama free, with an old school kickback to Rokslide roots, even this has to turn to memes? Overconsumption of anything isn't fun.

(i'm a secret admirer of memes). There, I said it.
not gonna lie was pretty proud of that one.

As opportunities get more and more limited I do kinda hate these Profit off Point Creep guys playing by their own rules (ES definitely went full spin zone on the podcast regarding his convo with OP, as OP videos proves but whatever) and feel they need to be called out on it when appropriate. But I also understand and respect you and Ryan wanting to stay away from the TMZ stuff and keep the site respectable and follow your vision, and keep it above the cesspool of mud slinging and hate. Carry on and good luck the rest of the season

svivian

WKR
Personally I think its a step in the wrong direction but at the end of the day its not my site its not my problem either so deal with it or leave.

I think its more important than ever to be having open conversation about these hot topics that may come up. At the end of the day they affect us and we have to be willing to accept those consequences and we need to have open dialogue about it. Unfortunately adult conversations are hard when there isn't the threat of taking a fist to the face.

While Its not Rockslide's problem to fix these things, I don't believe turning a blind eye is going to do anything.

Unfortunately when one kid throws a rock we have to take all the rocks out of the playground in todays society.

This is coming from the guy who doesn't have to do a damn thing monitoring these threads so its easy to talk from the cheap seats.

Edit: hot topics im referring to hunting and outdoor related topics only....

tony

WKR
I still try to have respect even on the internet. I'm a new guy here with low knowledge on hunting, firearms, etc. I have learned a lot here.
That said, free site, free to come and go. I didn't read the thread so I have no idea what happened.

You want to see an unmoderated shit show full of racist boomers, I can direct you to one.
I think this place pretty fair and laid back

Rich M

WKR
Folks are pissed and just want the law breaking to stop. Internet heroes always seem to get by with warnings all the time. It is a chit show.

Some people always get offended. And "everyone" caters to the offended. Pfff! All it does is give the easily-offended power over your life and what you do & cannot do. You give and you give and they take and they take.

Then you wonder what happened to your voice and your ability to have an opinion contrary to what the media has given you. Then some Whipper-Snapper calls you a Boomer and yer supposed to change your identity and opinions, the ones you've had since before they were even born? LoL!

I wonder if we'll even miss the threads that get removed.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm gonna throw in my 3 cents.
Robby and Ryan are class acts. Period.
And so are all the other staff members and moderators. Period.
As well as most of our members.
If you are a member of Rokslide, you are here and should be because of what this site is all about. I came here way back when because I love backcountry hunting.......I love to see the photos, I love the stories, I love to see what others use for gear and I've met some absolute great friends.
Rokslide is Rokslide and Facebook is Facebook.
Let's keep Rokslide.

Out.

Randy

mcr-85

WKR
I'm gonna throw in my 3 cents.
Robby and Ryan are class acts. Period.
And so are all the other staff members and moderators. Period.
As well as most of our members.
If you are a member of Rokslide, you are here and should be because of what this site is all about. I came here way back when because I love backcountry hunting.......I love to see the photos, I love the stories, I love to see what others use for gear and I've met some absolute great friends.
Rokslide is Rokslide and Facebook is Facebook.
Let's keep Rokslide.

Out.

Randy
Well said Randy.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I am relatively new to this Forum and I don't have anywhere near the backcountry hunting experience that most members here have, but I started frequenting it more and more due to the fact that actual conversations and information sharing happen here, rather than the "if you aren't doing it my way, you're an idiot" or the "look at how big my pee-pee is" that happens on other forums. There are still some very strong opinions here and lines are crossed on occasion, but nearly to the same level.
All-in-all, I enjoy spending time here and will continue to do so.

Dang, haven’t seen this much drama in a while. Maybe not since the great gritty bowman / Sitka thread of '17 and then again in the great gritty bowmen Bluetooth nock debate of late ‘17.

As a refresher, it was agreed:

- Aaron can no longer pimp stuff
- Vikings (TV show) needs more hot chicks
- SNO balls are demon food
- Skinny jeans are a no go
- Man buns are for samurais only

Traveler

WKR
I get cracking down on threads exposing, trying to expose or just expressing displeasure with hunting personalities. A lot of he said she said, holiday inn express lawyers, and confusing ethics and legality. Personalities are mostly entertainment anyway, with few (1-2) exceptions I haven’t ever considered them anything resembling educational.

I hope this new guidance doesn’t slip and slide into no more outfitter reviews though, even if this is more of a diy forum.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Money is the root of all evil.

Things almost always go awry from integrity and truth when people want to make a living from hunting (or fishing). I was not surprised at all with the allegations or the rebuttals. I am pretty trusting and naive but there are some I really only need to see or hear once to know I’m not going to gain any information that is going to help me in the field and they are only in it for money and “fame”.

I do love Rokslide for the information and positivity. I would very much like all the cheaters to be brought to justice. I know there will be justice in the end but my carnal self would really love to see it NOW. I have to work on that but the older I get and the more I see what is happening to my country and the lifestyle that means so much to me it gets harder and harder to trust the “system” and wait for true justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.