Remedy 7 packs

B-A

FNG
Has any one used any of these new packs? There made by Blacks Creek. They are made in the USA. Any input would great If you have one please post pictures

Last edited:

cmeier117

WKR
A good friend of mine has used one for awhile and has quite a few miles with it. When he was done testing it he got rid of it and picked up his Kifaru. Doesn't even compare he said.

OP
B

B-A

FNG
Was this one of the New Remedy 7 packs or one of the older ones.

cmeier117

WKR
He said once it got above 50-60 lbs the pack constantly slid down and he said he had to keep re-adjusting the pack to prevent various hot spots on his lumbar and hips. Once over 80lbs he said it was not comfortable at all.

I had a blacks-creek canadian that I passed along to my dad. Learned my lesson with that thing while packing out a boned out spike elk. Never again. Have you fixed the zipper issues yet?

Currently a happy Kifaru owner. Now my dad wants my DT2!

OP
B

B-A

FNG
I work for Blacks Creek, Looking for info on our new packs. On the zippers YES that was why we are building everything here in the USA now.

OP
B

B-A

FNG
B-A is short for what I go by which is Bionic-Archer I walk this earth and hunt with 4 bolts 2 plates and a spinal cord stimulator on my spine. On the Aug 22 I find out if I get to go hunting this. I just had my 4th back surgery and had all the bolts & plates replaced with one of the bolts broken and a creaked vertebrae.

OP
B

B-A

FNG
When we did our weight test the difference was not that much on a yard of fabric. Plus we have been using 1000d for almost 20 years on our horse gear.

Daniel_M

WKR
For the sake of discussion..

Just perusing the interwebs but 1000 denier is roughly 11 oz. of fabric per square yard and 500 denier is roughly 5.5 oz. per square yard. Tailoring gear for horses is a completely different animal, pun intended. So to say that 1000d is close enough to 500d in weight per yard is not a correct statement, it's twice the weight.

Remedy 7 - 1000d, 4800ci, 9lbs

Barneys Packs - 500D
Kifaru Packs - 500D DT 6lb 12 oz, Bikini T 4lb 14 oz
Mystery Ranch - 500D, Metcalf 3600-4500ci, 5lb 12oz
Stone Glacier - 500D, Terminus 6300ci (I chose this because there was not a comparable lower CI bag) 4.07#
Kuiu - 500D/160D, 5200cu model, 5lb 9oz

Products are foregoing a minimalist approach and these new packs are almost twice as heavy. 4lb is a lot. So lb for lb, and taking into consideration what is already on the market...what is it that these new packs bring to the table that separates them from everyone else or makes them better?

cmeier117

WKR
I think the gap in your ounce per yard difference is a bit too big. Not positive but pretty sure. But I do think it is overkill. Bomb proof but over kill.