Mystery ranch 7500?

MDurham

FNG
So I’ve come across the mystery ranch 7500, and would like to get some inputs on it if any has had it and to run my posts up because this place has all the gear I like buying.
It would be my first nice ruck and I would use it solely until I get my money right, that means I’ll take it on a 10 mile overnight hike or a weeklong expedition at my friends land in Tennessee or even parts of the Appalachian trail along with hunting and fishing of any kind, know a do it all pack doesn’t exist but been interested in the mrs because the overload feature and even their hunting packs are still “tactical” and I enjoy milsurp bags.
My only experience with a large ruck is a Belgian jigsaw m97 ruck that’s internal frame and about 125 liters, and it wasn’t comfortable nor I believe meant to be, while the mrs are, any input is appreciated and tia!

Bergy-Bowsmith

Lil-Rokslider
I have had multiple MR packs, and they get the job done, and are extremely durable. HOWEVER!!!!

You couldnt pay me to go back to a MR, they are good for the price but every frame pack I have ever owned from them I had some sort of gripe on comfort, Mostly with a load.

I know their new line has a updated frame, and I dont have any direct experience with it, but my Stone Glacier Frame is perfect in every sense of the word.

You will likely go through a handful of packs before you find one that you like, I tried multiple MR bags on their guide lite MT frame, I tried Kifaru Duplex Lite, Exo, Alps Outdoorz, Eberlestock, Kuiu Pro, and finally settled on my Stone Glacier and wouldnt trade it.

zmanfj40

FNG
I have the MR Metcalf, my son has one, I'll probably get a pop-up for my daughter. They are good packs. I have used mine for a few years and they are very comfortable (fitted properly) even under load. The meat shelf is simple to get loaded and holds the load well. I like how versatile they are when not using the meat shelf, they pack down real well for a day pack, and have lots of space when needed.

My buddies run the EXO packs and love them. I've tried them on and they are comfy too. I just couldn't afford that price tag ($750 vs. $350) at the time so I chose MR. A lot of ppl don't like that they are made in Vietnam. That is why they are cheaper. If that is an issue I would definitely look at Exo, SG, Kifaru.
1cdfbfa22ade47a5a1badbb741626298.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

OP
M

MDurham

FNG
I have had multiple MR packs, and they get the job done, and are extremely durable. HOWEVER!!!!

You couldnt pay me to go back to a MR, they are good for the price but every frame pack I have ever owned from them I had some sort of gripe on comfort, Mostly with a load.

I know their new line has a updated frame, and I dont have any direct experience with it, but my Stone Glacier Frame is perfect in every sense of the word.

You will likely go through a handful of packs before you find one that you like, I tried multiple MR bags on their guide lite MT frame, I tried Kifaru Duplex Lite, Exo, Alps Outdoorz, Eberlestock, Kuiu Pro, and finally settled on my Stone Glacier and wouldnt trade it.
What part of the frame did you not like? The only framed pack I’ve used is the aforementioned m97, but t

what where your gripes with it? I know it’s not going to be comfortable compared to like a osprey but from what I’ve read mr packs do a good job of putting the weight to your legs

Bergy-Bowsmith

Lil-Rokslider
What part of the frame did you not like? The only framed pack I’ve used is the aforementioned m97, but t

what where your gripes with it? I know it’s not going to be comfortable compared to like a osprey but from what I’ve read mr packs do a good job of putting the weight to your legs
my biggest gripes were hip belt, overall weight of the system, and how it carried loads those were areas of pain for me and caused me to switch.

I have a MR metcalf that I'm a big fan of, and have a hunting buddy that has one and loves it. And last years model comes up on camofire pretty regularly for a pretty huge discount.

Bergy-Bowsmith

Lil-Rokslider
I have a MR metcalf that I'm a big fan of, and have a hunting buddy that has one and loves it. And last years model comes up on camofire pretty regularly for a pretty huge discount.
MR is certainly a good pack no doubt, but the comfort of a stone is hard to beat, I didnt think it would matter a whole lot, until i packed a animal out with the stone and all I can say is I wish I would have just started with the stone.

MR is certainly a good pack no doubt, but the comfort of a stone is hard to beat, I didnt think it would matter a whole lot, until i packed a animal out with the stone and all I can say is I wish I would have just started with the stone.
My ultimate goal is to upgrade to a SG or Kuiu or Kifaru or whatever fits my body the best when I have the budget for it. I'm just saying an on sale metcalf for less than 300 bucks is not a bad look at all as an "entry level" pack. Especially when you can sell it after a couple seasons for pretty close to what you paid for it, or keep it as a pretty nice loaner pack.

sr80

WKR
Those old MR 6500/7500's are legendary packs. Trusted and used by mountain guides for years and can haul some massive loads. I used to have a NICE 6500, super comfortable pack, loved the layout/two long vertical pockets on the front were awesome. The NICE frame fit me really good, i found the belt super comfy. Only downside to those packs were their weight, at almost 10 lbs empty. If you're just getting into it, and have that has a pack, give it a try and see what you think. You can always upgrade down the road.

I am huge MR fan and have been using them several years now. I’ve tried all of the brands and always come back to MR. I have found that I need to use a size smaller waistband and yoke for the best fit and comfort with MR frames.

TheTone

WKR
Those old MR 6500/7500's are legendary packs. Trusted and used by mountain guides for years and can haul some massive loads. I used to have a NICE 6500, super comfortable pack, loved the layout/two long vertical pockets on the front were awesome. The NICE frame fit me really good, i found the belt super comfy. Only downside to those packs were their weight, at almost 10 lbs empty. If you're just getting into it, and have that has a pack, give it a try and see what you think. You can always upgrade down the road.
I’ll echo the same thoughts. I still have my nice frame with a crew cab bag and 6500. The crew cab I use mainly for training hikes with weight. I still grab the 6500 on occasion for when I need a ton of room. They’re 16 years old, have packed a ton of stuff in them and really look great for the age and use

OP
M

MDurham

FNG
I know about the 6500 but is the 7500 more of a if you know you know about it thing? Because I only learned about it from some 6500 reviews where people said they wanted slightly larger, and at a few ounces more I just figured why not. Most of the mentions of it are in the reviews of the 6500 and a couple of times here, was planning on calling mr to see if they could enlighten me on it

sr80

WKR
I know about the 6500 but is the 7500 more of a if you know you know about it thing? Because I only learned about it from some 6500 reviews where people said they wanted slightly larger, and at a few ounces more I just figured why not. Most of the mentions of it are in the reviews of the 6500 and a couple of times here, was planning on calling mr to see if they could enlighten me on it
It’s the same pack as the 6500 only 7500 ci. So a bigger bag, same frame etc.