RedKettle - 50% off sale

Dobermann

WKR

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
The Redkettle jacket is one of the most versatile and durable field jackets on the market. If mine got lost or destroyed, I would buy another immediately. It is a different take from most “performance” clothing as generally used on this sight, and yet it is absolutely fantastic and I use it in all weather and all trips, including backpack hunting.

5280F924-E2F2-4ABB-90C2-68FF5244C93B.jpeg

01ABD72D-E12E-4873-B2B8-9F87FF7187F4.jpeg

7B3A1D23-7A19-4060-8EED-49B598688B0A.jpeg

6EED30F4-FE3B-4F87-8D38-16488619BAA1.jpeg

Stu

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all,

RedKettle, makers of the Ventile cotton rain jacket that @Formidilosus recommends (just search 'Ventile' and you'll find the posts) are having a 50% off sale ... which includes the jacket.

That takes the price from £390 only £195 ... a bargain.

Here's the direct link to the jacket page: https://www.redkettle.co/collections/clothing/products/light-ventile-hunting-jacket-m19

Sale is on now for those on their mailing list, with a discount code, or goes public tomorrow.

Thanks many times!

PistolPete

Lil-Rokslider
The Redkettle jacket is one of the most versatile and durable field jackets on the market. If mine got lost or destroyed, I would buy another immediately. It is a different take from most “performance” clothing as generally used on this sight, and yet it is absolutely fantastic and I use it in all weather and all trips, including backpack hunting.

View attachment 463224

View attachment 463225

View attachment 463226

View attachment 463227
What does the jacket weigh? Thoughts about the wind jacket?

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
looks like sale for email subscribers only.
On the blog part of the website, it says general access to the sale starts 15th October.

Grumman

WKR
Yep, 50% off today. Now I hope the large isn't too large!

Ordered the light ventile jacket and I hope the large isn’t too small. Anyone have one to comment on sizing? Are they built to layer under or should we size up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Form’s recommendation and others’ interest has me on the cusp of buying. It’s in my cart. But I “need” more outer layer jackets like a hole in the head. Anyone else looking at this who has the “technical” gear (Sitka, FL and Kuiu for me) and considering a change/addition?

Old-Cat

Lil-Rokslider
I’m eyeing the hard shell rain jacket. It sure seems like a good deal. I’m am however curious about the weight. I emailed them , we will see how long it takes to get back to me.

Form’s recommendation and others’ interest has me on the cusp of buying. It’s in my cart. But I “need” more outer layer jackets like a hole in the head. Anyone else looking at this who has the “technical” gear (Sitka, FL and Kuiu for me) and considering a change/addition?

I’m in the same boat.

fwafwow

WKR
I'm now looking at several items - the Spartan Javelin holster, the wind shell and the hunting jacket.
  • The sizing is still bizarre - at least to me. I'm 41 inches in the chest and at my gut navel, and pretty close to 26" for my arm per their instructions. I think that means I'm at XL-Regular and will have some extra room in the chest.
  • Like @PistolPete and @Old-Cat, I'm also curious about the weight of the wind shell and hunting jacket. Not because I'm worried about carrying weight, but because I'm interested in the relative uses for different situations. I'm in the south and I *think* I'm much more likely to use the wind shell around here, but is the hunting jacket hefty enough to take the place of (as an example) my Sitka Incinerator jacket for an upcoming Nebraska whitetail sit (that's often cold as a MF'er)?
  • @Formidilosus - can you please shed any additional light on these questions?
Barring learning something jarring on size and uses, I guess I'm just going to do it by the end of the day, as the return policy for first time buyer (they pay for returns) seems generous. And unfortunately I did look up Form's other Ventile posts, and now I'm struggling not to go down a fishnet base layer rabbit hole...

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
What does the jacket weigh? Thoughts about the wind jacket?

I have both, don’t know what they weigh- I think the Light Jacket is 20’ish ounces.

The wind jacket has a single layer and is lighter of course, and I end up using it more.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Is it quiet?
Ordered the light ventile jacket and I hope the large isn’t too small. Anyone have one to comment on sizing? Are they built to layer under or should we size up?

If it’s a base layer, the normal size works. More than a base layer size up.

I'm now looking at several items - the Spartan Javelin holster, the wind shell and the hunting jacket.
  • The sizing is still bizarre - at least to me. I'm 41 inches in the chest and at my gut navel, and pretty close to 26" for my arm per their instructions. I think that means I'm at XL-Regular and will have some extra room in the chest.

The sizing is a bit odd for us. I am 5’9”, 192lbs relatively athletic build (large shoulders/chest/arms/back, smaller waist) and the large as a jacket with just a base layer fits well. Much more than a base layer and it’s tight.

• Like @PistolPete and @Old-Cat, I'm also curious about the weight of the wind shell and hunting jacket. Not because I'm worried about carrying weight, but because I'm interested in the relative uses for different situations. I'm in the south and I *think* I'm much more likely to use the wind shell around here, but is the hunting jacket hefty enough to take the place of (as an example) my Sitka Incinerator jacket for an upcoming Nebraska whitetail sit (that's often cold as a MF'er)?

No it is not warm enough- it’s a cotton thin jacket. It replaces a wind/rain shell for me when the rain won’t be a downpour.

• @Formidilosus - can you please shed any additional light on these questions?
Barring learning something jarring on size and uses, I guess I'm just going to do it by the end of the day, as the return policy for first time buyer (they pay for returns) seems generous. And unfortunately I did look up Form's other Ventile posts, and now I'm struggling not to go down a fishnet base layer rabbit hole...

fwafwow

WKR
If it’s a base layer, the normal size works. More than a base layer size up.

The sizing is a bit odd for us. I am 5’9”, 192lbs relatively athletic build (large shoulders/chest/arms/back, smaller waist) and the large as a jacket with just a base layer fits well. Much more than a base layer and it’s tight.

No it is not warm enough- it’s a cotton thin jacket. It replaces a wind/rain shell for me when the rain won’t be a downpour.
Thank you! All three items purchased (jackets in XL for anyone else's benefit).