Recommend a 308/6.5

While this is true it is less of an issue to me than loading and unloading with the safety off. The Tikka safety design is beyond piss poor.
You can practice simple gun safety and never have a problem unloading a rifle without the safety on. A bolt that comes open while a rifle is slung over your shoulder or strapped to a pack on the other hand can be the cause of many potentially dangerous problems

ljalberta

WKR
While this is true it is less of an issue to me than loading and unloading with the safety off. The Tikka safety design is beyond piss poor.
Unless it’s important that you point the rifle at someone while you unload or load the gun, I don’t see the safety issue here.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Unless it’s important that you point the rifle at someone while you unload or load the gun, I don’t see the safety issue here.
Nothing about having a safety on makes pointing a gun at someone safe, so it makes no difference.

A safety is a mechanical backstop that cannot replace good practices and cannot make up for beyond piss poor practices.

p5200

FNG
I’ve had a Sauer as my primary rifle the last few years and have really liked it.
I've heard the Sauer 100 and the Mauser m18 were quite similar. I've owned the Mauser and have often wished I had kept it.