Recipes for antelope

ncstewart

WKR
Anyone got something fun for a back strap recipe?

I am usually just a little steak seasoning then on the cast iron skillet to medium rare kinda guy but feeling adventurous after this hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvey_NW

WKR
Never had antelope but this is usually pretty fail proof for backstrap - marinade steaks or section for a couple hours in mixture of olive oil, worcestershire sauce, and teriyaki sauce or glaze. Season with whatever you fancy 30+ min before cooking, Johnny's, Montreal, or S&P are all good options. Grill hot and fast to med rare.

buffybr

Lil-Rokslider
Like any other wild meat, antelope burger makes great chile, tacos, strogonoff. And antelope steaks marinated in Italian salad dressing with Montreal Steak seasoning, and a little Coka Cola to tenderize, then almost char the outside keeping a rare center cooked on the BBQ outside is simply mouth watering!

MatukaJoe

FNG
Bi bim nap pronghorn is pretty damned tasty. Or to keep it more simple do the S&P method but make a chimichuri for with it. Pronghorn chimichuri is dang tough to beat.

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
Contrary to some opinions, antelope is generally mild in flavor and tender. Not much doctoring is required. Joe's chimichurri suggestion would be a great addition. I typically keep antelope pretty basic.

saltfork

Lil-Rokslider
Cut the backstrap into 1 inch steaks, season with salt and pepper, sear on high heat in cast iron until rare/med rare. Remove from pan, turn heat to low, sautee garlic, deglaze pan with whiskey or bourbon, let reduce and alcohol burn off. Add heavy cream and let thicken, season with salt & pepper if it needs it and pour over steaks