Received the Vaccine today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OutdoorsMD

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
I received the second dose yesterday at noon. So far zero symptoms after the second dose other than mild shoulder soreness. Felt good enough to play hockey for a couple hours this morning. Two other colleagues of mine got the second dose yesterday as well. One same boat as me, the other had a pretty rough day with fever/body ache that started about 12 hours after and lasted 24 hours.

I received the second dose yesterday at noon. So far zero symptoms after the second dose other than mild shoulder soreness. Felt good enough to play hockey for a couple hours this morning. Two other colleagues of mine got the second dose yesterday as well. One same boat as me, the other had a pretty rough day with fever/body ache that started about 12 hours after and lasted 24 hours.

got my second shot on Thursday (Pfizer). Sore arm and felt kinda crappy waking up the next day. Nothing a little Tylenol didn’t fix. I’m incredibly thankful to have the immunity for my own sake, and for my patients/family who won’t be getting the Rona from me.

For the “I’m perfectly healthy it won’t hurt me” crowd: in the past 5 weeks of taking care of ICU patients, I’ve seen people from every decade 20-90s die from this terrible disease. And plenty of them were PERFECTLY healthy before hand. There are things about this we do not understand—some people get hit hard for unknown reasons. If you feel like rolling the dice with your own health and the health of your family, that is your choice to make 👍🏻

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
I was lethargic for two days after my first dose of Moderna. Couldn’t lift my arm above my head for 2 days without a good deal of pain. See what happens after my second dose.

OR Archer

WKR
Now that there’s a new variant of COVID out there I’m just wondering what the efficacy of the vaccine will actually be.

Fatcamp

WKR
got my second shot on Thursday (Pfizer). Sore arm and felt kinda crappy waking up the next day. Nothing a little Tylenol didn’t fix. I’m incredibly thankful to have the immunity for my own sake, and for my patients/family who won’t be getting the Rona from me.

For the “I’m perfectly healthy it won’t hurt me” crowd: in the past 5 weeks of taking care of ICU patients, I’ve seen people from every decade 20-90s die from this terrible disease. And plenty of them were PERFECTLY healthy before hand. There are things about this we do not understand—some people get hit hard for unknown reasons. If you feel like rolling the dice with your own health and the health of your family, that is your choice to make 👍🏻

If there was just a way to make people understand. This can be done anytime. So tired of it.

RyanT26

WKR

Before you virtual signal any harder and hurt yourself you might want to brush up on what the medical midget Messiah has said on the vaccine.

It’s not 100% effective.

There is close to zero data on how long it is effective. Three months, six months, a year, no one knows.

“That's because even people who are themselves immune to the virus might be exposed to it and transmit it to others. It can grow in the nose, says Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
"It's possible that someone could get the vaccine but could still be an asymptomatic carrier," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician. "They may not show symptoms, but they have the virus in their nasal passageway so that if they're speaking, breathing, sneezing and so on, they can still transmit it to others."

Even though you’re vaccinated you could still be a spreader. So you could still be spreading the Rona around.

MattB

WKR
Now that there’s a new variant of COVID out there I’m just wondering what the efficacy of the vaccine will actually be.
There has lately been talk about the UK and SA variants. Sounds like existing vaccines will cover the UK variant. Some questions exist around effectiveness against the SA variant.

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
Before you virtual signal any harder and hurt yourself you might want to brush up on what the medical midget Messiah has said on the vaccine.

It’s not 100% effective.

There is close to zero data on how long it is effective. Three months, six months, a year, no one knows.

“That's because even people who are themselves immune to the virus might be exposed to it and transmit it to others. It can grow in the nose, says Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
"It's possible that someone could get the vaccine but could still be an asymptomatic carrier," said CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Leana Wen, an emergency physician. "They may not show symptoms, but they have the virus in their nasal passageway so that if they're speaking, breathing, sneezing and so on, they can still transmit it to others."

Even though you’re vaccinated you could still be a spreader. So you could still be spreading the Rona around.

In the immortal words of Sgt. Hulka, "Lighten up Francis." He's just sharing his experience.

NDGuy

WKR
Yeah I am hoping they can get some data on this, we just had our kid and I'm questioning how carefree we should be with those we know in healthcare that got the vaccine already. I feel pretty good from what I have read so far but lots of data to be gathered still.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
For someone who clearly doesn't care about the vaccine you sure like to comment on this thread when someone talks about their experience lol

Hey man, I think you need to get on Twitter and Facebook and tell everybody you got the vaccine, what are you doing wasting time here?!?!?

MattB

WKR
Hey man, I think you need to get on Twitter and Facebook and tell everybody you got the vaccine, what are you doing wasting time here?!?!?
Perhaps he wants to keep you company by wasting his time while you waste ours?

Back top the topic at hand....

My sense (and I am not a medical person) is the medical community will not make claims about whether the vaccine stops the virus or just the disease until the data is received from ongoing clinical trials. Some people read into this that it is likely that individuals who are immunized can be carriers/spreaders, but I think it is a mistake to assume that.

Much like the guy in San Diego who came down with COVID shortly after receiving his 1st does of vaccine, our irresponsible media published articles implying that perhaps the vaccine is not effective. Never mind that the vaccine takes 14-21 days to bring about an immune response. Meaning, the individual would have had virtually no protection from the vaccine if was infected near the same time he received it, so the fact he got sick should have been a non-story.

Not me for now. The way it's been rushed and politicized leaves me concerned about the long term.
The propaganda dog and pony shows they're doing showing people getting the shot is another red flag for me.

I am focus on putting better foods in my body and better immune heath.

Coldtrail

WKR
I was originally not going to get the shots, but ultimately decided since I had the opportunity for my job that I would. The reasons were this:
1. Currently I have a couple family members out of my household battling some major medical issues that may need my help. I don't want to be taking a chance of getting sick myself and not being able to be there for them.
2. I'm a 50yr old guy in decent shape, the ol grey mare ain't what she used to be, but heart and lungs wise I'm doing pretty much everything I could do at 30. Take that away from me & my ability to do much of what I enjoy changes. I'll take an increased likelihood of short term health over the slim to none chance of some vaccine side effect when I'm 80.

Different strokes for different folks, based on the limited reading I've done & talking to people in the medical field, it would appear that the chance of long term side effects of a previous Covid infection are a bigger concern than the ones from the vaccine. I guess we will know in a few yrs.

The vaccine actually is designed to attack the protein spikes that are present on the virus itself. Any variant will still have those spikes present.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
The vaccine actually is designed to attack the protein spikes that are present on the virus itself. Any variant will still have those spikes present.
I have said this same thing. However, with the current evidence this argument does not hold water. Both the UK and SA variants have mutations to the spike protein. It appears to not be enough of a mutation to render current vaccines moot, however it looks like current vaccines will be less effective against the SA variant. The good news is that it still looks like current vaccines prevent severe COVID even from the SA variant.

I've had no issues from two doses of the Pfizer vaccine.

I have said this same thing. However, with the current evidence this argument does not hold water. Both the UK and SA variants have mutations to the spike protein. It appears to not be enough of a mutation to render current vaccines moot, however it looks like current vaccines will be less effective against the SA variant. The good news is that it still looks like current vaccines prevent severe COVID even from the SA variant.

I've had no issues from two doses of the Pfizer vaccine.
My first one went fine, but the second one gave me a low grade fever and body aches for a day or so.

Most of my extended family either works in healthcare or is old enough to be priority so they have all been vaccinated by now. No serious side effects for any of them. I’m getting the shot as soon as it becomes available to the general population where I’m at.
I have read that the SA variant does have a small mutation to its spike protein that will possibly reduce vaccine effectiveness, but even a reduced effectiveness vaccine is going to help prevent that variant from running rampant. The more people get vaccinated, the less chance the virus has to mutate further.

Status
Not open for further replies.