R vs. NR tag allocation

I'm not saying I'd support no NR hunting. I'm mostly saying that people who don't live in a state get no say whatsoever on how the residents run their state. Which is true, because you can't vote in an election in a state you don't live in.
It starts at, the citizens own everything and they get to decide how to sell the surplus. Obvisouly we don't directly vote on game allocation, but we do vote for people to make those decisions or appoint people to make them.

Exactly.

WRO

WKR
80/20 and while we’re at it let’s get rid of the preference and bonus point system and make everything a 100% lottery draw like New Mexico.

I like nm really well, I actually even like their land owner tags that allow all tag holders to access their private if the choose to sell landowner tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RdRdrFan

WKR
I could care less if I hunt public land. I dont think Im entitled to anything on anyone's land. You aren't entitled to my money to help with your damages when you wont let people hunt. Take up your issues with your state instead of crying here

Lol. I’m not crying about anything. You happen to be the one obsessed with getting onto private land to hunt.

bmart2622

WKR
Lol. I’m not crying about anything. You happen to be the one obsessed with getting onto private land to hunt.
You say that Im entitled yet here you are advocating for the commercialization of a states natural resource, which by the way you dont own, for you own personal financial gain, yet Im the entitled one?!?!
You are the one with your hand out asking for government assistance from the big bad elk....where do you think that government money comes from?? It comes from the people, the residents, the same people that you deny access to are the same ones you want money from when the big bad elk damages your crops!!! But you're right, Im the entitled one!!!

RdRdrFan

WKR
Your entitlement is only exceeded by your ignorance………and I’m guessing jealousy. You do realize that people like you are the number one reason why many landowners will not allow hunters onto their property that they do not personally know.

I don’t allow my neighbor to graze his cattle on my land. That takes away from my livestock. But I’m supposed to be happy about the animals owned by the state taking that same feed away? Oh, and also allow you onto my property. Got it.

In MANY areas the entirety of the winter range is private land. If all of that private land was made inaccessible to the wildlife by the landowners the die off would be huge. But hey, let’s make the landowners the bad guys here. Most landowners care about the wildlife and actually take steps to improve habitat that benefits the game animals present. But let’s not act like a herd of elk can’t obliterate a wheat crop overnight.

bmart2622

WKR
Your entitlement is only exceeded by your ignorance………and I’m guessing jealousy. You do realize that people like you are the number one reason why many landowners will not allow hunters onto their property that they do not personally know.

I don’t allow my neighbor to graze his cattle on my land. That takes away from my livestock. But I’m supposed to be happy about the animals owned by the state taking that same feed away? Oh, and also allow you onto my property. Got it.

In MANY areas the entirety of the winter range is private land. If all of that private land was made inaccessible to the wildlife by the landowners the die off would be huge. But hey, let’s make the landowners the bad guys here. Most landowners care about the wildlife and actually take steps to improve habitat that benefits the game animals present. But let’s not act like a herd of elk can’t obliterate a wheat crop overnight.
Let me make this clear one last time before I write it on crayons for you....I could care less about hunting yours or anyone elses private land!!! If elk are too much trouble then get out of the ranching game but don't come onto a hunting forum and whine and cry and expect sympathy. Im done with you, best of luck, youre going to need it

RdRdrFan

WKR
Let me make this clear one last time before I write it on crayons for you....I could care less about hunting yours or anyone elses private land!!! If elk are too much trouble then get out of the ranching game but don't come onto a hunting forum and whine and cry and expect sympathy. Im done with you, best of luck, youre going to need it

Go back and read what you have written skippy. Your obsession with access to private land is in the vast majority of your posts.

I never whined nor asked for sympathy. I am just fine no matter what happens with the wildlife that I allow on my property. All I’ve done is consistently and accurately pointed out your ignorance.

Be done

bmart2622

WKR
Ive never in my life asked nor wanted to hunt elk on private land. Youre not smart enough to understand that obviously!! You think your owed something and you arent owed a damn thing, all youve done is whined about the big bad elk!!!

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Go back and read what you have written skippy. Your obsession with access to private land is in the vast majority of your posts.

I never whined nor asked for sympathy. I am just fine no matter what happens with the wildlife that I allow on my property. All I’ve done is consistently and accurately pointed out your ignorance.

Be done

This mentality is part of the problem with the decreasing diversity across the planet.

You "allowing" wildlife. Like you don't depend on the bugs to pollinate crops and the microbs to feed your plants. You are not separate from the system.

bmart2622

WKR
This mentality is part of the problem with the decreasing diversity across the planet.

You "allowing" wildlife. Like you don't depend on the bugs to pollinate crops and the microbs to feed your plants. You are not separate from the system.
He cant profit from that so in his mind it doesn't matter

RdRdrFan

WKR

I never claimed to be separate from the system.

And as it relates to diversity, I am supremely more diverse than most in this particular rabbit hole of the thread as I am both a landowner and an avid hunter who chases animals every year in any locale in the west where I am lucky enough to draw a tag. I play the point game and have hunted in ALMOST every western state. From a diversity perspective in this discussion you should probably point that spear in a different direction.

Apples and oranges on the bugs vs wildlife argument. If there are specific bugs that damage crops then they are killed. Same cannot happen with wildlife and I’m not suggesting that it should. But the constant disdain for landowners by an ignorant few here is obviously borne from little more than simple jealousy.