Question about nonresident land owner in New Mexico

I’m not familiar with New Mexico’s Elk hunting regulations regarding out of state residents. I tried searching but couldn’t find an answer

I own 20 acres in Cibola County New Mexico. I sell land on the side. I had a photographer go out to take photos and he reported seeing a decent amount of elk sign on the property.

My questions is does anyone one know if I have to draw a tag to hunt on my own property? I am not a resident.

My questions is does anyone one know if I have to draw a tag to hunt on my own property? I am not a resident.

Yes. You have to draw a tag for the unit or qualify for the E-Plus system to obtain a tag for your own property.

For deer, you can buy an OTC tag and hunt on your own property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best to call dept and talk to someone that is in charge of the program. Lot of good info at this link. NM Landowners

Acreage wise, I know there are tags issued with less than 20, but there is more to it than just owning land.
Yes I would think there would have to be agricultural/depredation issues involved. If that's truly the case then depredation tags "could" possibly be issued