Quality monocular?

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
A bit of background information to start things off as to why I'm looking for a monocular, rather than binos. I developed a nerve palsy in my left eye a little over a year ago, and because of this, I get double vision all the time. Luckily I'm right eye dominant, and my right eye is unaffected. However, this affects using binoculars, and I end up either keeping my left eye closed, or angling the binos so I'm only looking through the right side to maintain a singular image.

So I started thinking about a monocular. If I can get higher quality glass and a larger objective, for less money and less weight than the binocular equivalent, why not right?

I can't seem to find much that appeals to me though. It'll be used the same as my binoculars would, so no more than 10x power, and a 50mm objective would be great, but a 42mm or similar would be fine.

There's plenty of cheap monoculars out there, but I can't find a ton as far as quality ones. The one comes closest so far is the Vortex Recon RT 10x50. Obviously it's more tactical oriented, but it pretty much hits all the points I'm looking for. Having the reference points in the reticle may come in handy for rough range estimates.

Anyone have any opinions on monoculars? Thanks in advance!