QAD Exodus - Full or Swept

Jethro

WKR
I'm moving on from Slick Trick, and Exodus is what I am going to buy and try. Using for deer and elk. With the exception of the barbed law in some states, are there pros/cons to either the full blade or the swept blade? I most likely am going to get the swept blades unless something in this thread convinces me to try the full. Thanks.

Yooper

WKR
Some will say less influence on crosswinds with the swept, but I've shot both and never noticed any difference out to 60. Great broadhead...I'd shoot them any day of the week.

Steve1662

FNG
I bought and started using Exodus this year too so no longer term/use experience. My decision was to go with the fulls because I felt they'd be easier to re-sharpen given I'd have more material to clamp onto. Haven't got to re-sharpening yet but am happy to have it hitting with my FPs out to 60.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Swept are a more forgiving head, less surface area to plane.

One is quieter, but I can't remember which one right now. I think the full had a whistle, like from the little gap along the shaft maybe, but it's been a while and I could not be remembering correctly.

I know I settled on the swept to use, only reason I'd personally use the full was to be legal with regards to "barbed" heads.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
I use the full blades to satisfy the barbless laws. I don't get any whistling or noise from mine on a .204 arrow with a collar. Slick tricks with the same arrows were very loud. I would like to try the swepts someday though.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used both and can’t tell a difference I’ve never had noise from ether I also use .204 arrow. I thought the swept would be harder to pull out if you don’t get a pass through but every deer I’ve shot with both heads was a pass through. Can’t go wrong with ether based on the laws of course…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhatSki

WKR
Where can I find out in which states the swepts would be illegal in or do I need to go into each states regulations separately?

OP
J

Jethro

WKR
OP
J

Jethro

WKR
Thanks for all the replies. Seems like I can’t go wrong regardless of which I choose. Most likely will buy a pack of each model and shoot them both.

Seamaster

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot full, and my partner shoots the swept blades. Both are 125 grain. I shoot a fast Hoyt, he shoots a fast Matthews. We have traded the heads and shot them at targets with no difference, even with a pesky cross wind. He is switching to the full to stay on the right side of the various laws.

I shot Slick Trick for a few seasons and liked them, but I do like the Qad Exodus better.

OP
J

Jethro

WKR
Shot the swept for first time today. Fly good and POI same as FP and the Slick Tricks. May still pick up some full blades but 125 wasn’t in stock when I placed order.

jrogerso

FNG
I've only used full and love them. I love them so much that I haven't even wanted to try the swept version

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
OP - I think, and fact check me on this, but you should be able to buy Full Blade replacement blades that should work on the Swept Blade ferrule if you're curious on which flies better.