QAD Exodus tuning issues

Ho5tile1

WKR
Wonder what the bowtech was doing cause I’ve tuned many bows to shoot those heads and they all flew great and was easy to tune as well for many of my friends and none of us are Levi Morgan.. maybe the arrows where not super straight or squared I don’t know. I only say that cause I know many people who shoot those heads and have no issues at all and kill many critters with them..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Or.hunter

Or.hunter

WKR

Not sure the question? I mean I guess when I say in tune I mean cam timing. Even through paper it was pretty dang good, Just had to move my rest up and adjust the sight housing a touch and the exodus are hitting the same as my field points now. Just as many guys or gals on here said to do. I was just cautious about moving my rest vertical. Never done that. Honestly I’ve only had to move my rest once since I started bow hunting in 1995. It was always adjust my sight. But back then I was shooting fingers and not all this high tech stuff lol. I appreciate everyone that has chimed in to help. I think it’s going to be good. Little more testing but initial shots are looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zac

WKR
As stated above any broadhead will fly if the bow is tuned. What you experienced is a variability in forgiveness. I could shoot my Evolutions, Kudu’s and Micro Hades out of an untuned bow at 20 and not tell the difference. The full blade was horrendous. If I took it back to 40 it would miss my entire Matrix target. That head is just not worth it IMO. Way too much exposed blade. Probably the worst thing you could fire out of your bow when your crapping pants.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I’m guessing we will be bumping the rest. I just find it weird that the others aren’t off.
Some years ago 10+, I had nine different BH's all hitting with FP's at 60 yards. But regular 4-blade Slick Tricks were all hitting 4" low, and 4-blade Wac'em Exits were hitting 2" low. Extra blades or full blades can cause more drag than other heads, and they will indeed hit lower at distance. That's why I always make adjustments or tune to whatever head I'm going to be shooting.

Reactions: Zac