Public comment on Idaho Fish and Games proposal for the 2018 Big Game season

Done deal.

I know some folks who live and hunt in 10a. Not sure what the solution is there but not letting 2nd tags hunt there is likely only going to push that pressure to other Units.

In my opinion, it's time to limit non-resident to 1 tag, period. Mule Deer are in a decline across every state and our white tails took a hit last winter, it's just not good conservation to sell 2 tags to everyone who wants one.

Done deal.

I know some folks who live and hunt in 10a. Not sure what the solution is there but not letting 2nd tags hunt there is likely only going to push that pressure to other Units.

In my opinion, it's time to limit non-resident to 1 tag, period. Mule Deer are in a decline across every state and our white tails took a hit last winter, it's just not good conservation to sell 2 tags to everyone who wants one.

Personally, I think they should get rid of the extra deer tag for everyone.

I can get behind that too. I just think it's such a huge revenue stream that I'm not optimistic that it's gonna happen.

I've had the "extra tag" conversation with quite a few people. Until they can consistently sell out the NR tags (as singles only, no extras) you won't see it happen, too much revenue. But until that happens, I'm going to take advantage of it even if I'm in favor of reducing it to one tag per hunter regardless of resident/non resident. I don't agree with limiting nonresidents to 1 tag but allowing residents to buy leftover 2nd tags. All or none.

It's effectively bringing up the harvest too. The whole "10% of hunters kill 90% of game" stereotype applies here. Though I'll ammend it to "10% of the hunters kill 90% of the time". You don't see guys buying two tags unless they are sure they can fill both of them, and many of them do.

Both myself and my fiance' filled out the public comments in favor of wolf trapping and gave our .02 on the other issues. Good reminder!

Mike

Uncapped cow hunting in Weiser seems ridiculous. We have a zone over objective so let's smash 'em.

Its almost 100% tied to complaints from landowners, farmers, ranchers, etc. complaining about elk numbers. Idaho could support a ton of elk but social tolerance leads to management of many elk units unfortunately. Those groups I mentioned that dislike elk have lots of pull in state government.

Tone, you're exactly right. A bunch of jack***** in my book. They get plenty of compensation from IDFG for losses as well. They're farming and ranching in elk habitat but just it's all me me me.

Done deal.

Yep, there's already a group started about this (Northern Idaho Whitetails Forever-Orifino based) and other important topics regarding the deer herd in ID. I'll post some details when I get the chance.

Let's do away with the second tag for everyone, IMHO...at the very least for NR. Raise tag prices for all if need be.

I think one deer tag for everyone would be a start, but let's not forget, residents buy a good number of the 2nd tags from the NR pool. Fish and game doesn't care because they are still paying the NR price. It's a cash cow for them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

And the same private landowners that complain about elk wouldn't let people onto their property probably...

Exactly. Seems to be the case everywhere. If they complain to the state they should have to allow hunters on their land! If they gonna receive tax dollars for damages then the tax payers should be able to hunt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with NR extra tags but jack price way up resident 2nd tags as this will cull alot of folks out and continue the revenue stream

Gonna be some ticked off outfitters in the wilderness areas starting this year. They cut the tags for NR in the wilderness hunts down to 13 for unit 26, and 51 for 27.
643dbf6ca75de63c72f725fdf49d0644.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back