PSA: Welder Flash Burns Suck

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I'm not a welder myself, but I work with a crew of them every day. One thing I've learned about guys who weld: each of them is the best welder ever in history of welding (just ask 'em), and anyone else who welds sucks balls at it. This is apparently a golden rule amongst those who weld.
I have known many, many welders, two of whom could lay down such a pretty bead, it would make your D*&k hard.

Rainyday

FNG
I'm not a welder myself, but I work with a crew of them every day. One thing I've learned about guys who weld: each of them is the best welder ever in history of welding (just ask 'em), and anyone else who welds sucks balls at it. This is apparently a golden rule amongst those who weld.
This is spot on 😂

Safety glasses that block UV are an easy way to avoid this. It's bright, but it doesn't torch your eyes as much.

That hot sandpaper in my eyes feeling is one I don't care for too much. Have had a few times in the past where I forget to nod it down tig welding, and a few times where other people welding got me.

Auto darkening hoods are amazing. You don't usually burn your eyes if it doesn't darken. It still blocks the UV that would damage them. It's just bright as ****.

Last edited:

huntnful

WKR
Just acknowledging this means you’re basically a journeyman welder at this point also lol.

The thing you learn about flash burn, it hurts when you close your eyes, and it hurts when you open your eyes. So it’s a two fold 🤣🤣🤣.

CorbLand

WKR
I think it's just the competitive nature of people to think they're the best at whatever they do. How many guys show up in the morning, gear up for work and say to themselves "Jeez I suck at this"?
I have said that to myself hiking out without killing an animal. Does that count?

Drenalin

WKR
@CorbLand You just need to give yourself a little pep talk in the mornings.

88q9nv.jpg

KurtR

WKR
Was he also former Special Ops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he pretty much wrote the book on operating. Shot the biggest deer catches the biggest fish and bangs the hottest chicks. Its like chuck norris and super man had a three way with wonder woman

OP
jjohnsonElknewbie
he pretty much wrote the book on operating. Shot the biggest deer catches the biggest fish and bangs the hottest chicks. Its like chuck norris and super man had a three way with wonder woman
Ah yes, the quintessential "know it all, one upper". Classic.

Fatcamp

WKR
Any of you welders have suggestions for gifts for a young welder?

I'm gonna put a tool box together for him with the basics, but he asked to take welding in school and seems to really like it.

14yo boy.