Prime centered grip doesn't really make it more accurate. Change my mind

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Full disclosure I have never owned a prime but I have shot them at the bow shop and am seriously considering buying one for a season just to have the experience. I have shot the In-lines and like most things about the bow other than the centered grip. It seems like it's a gimmick. No matter where the grip and arrow are located on the bow there is going to be a vertical distance between them and therefore some form of vertical torque that balances out at full draw. Would the centered grip really make a bow hold better than another? It seems in my mind and from experience they all require rebalancing once outfitted with accessories anyways.......... I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this.

deadend88

Lil-Rokslider
I don't disagree with you. I've owned several and I love everything about them except they all sound like a tuning fork the minute you let loose an arrow. I have my inline 3 up in classifieds now, just can't shoot a bow that you can't quiet no matter what you mess with adding aftermarket accessories. I think they hold extremely well and I was excited to get back to single cam system hence my purchase of inline 3, but to my dismay still hear that "PING". Some guys swear by them and won't shoot anything else, but I just can't do it. I know that doesn't go direct to your grip theory, that said, I believe it does touch on everything that would take it out of balance that you have to do to attempt to quiet these bows.

NGK808

FNG
This was one of the main reasons I considered trying Prime. I don't have any local dealers, so never got to test shoot one. Was intrigued by the possible increase in accuracy and better pin float. But if this isn't the case, I don't think I'd buy one blind.

Bump79

WKR
Okay Crowder I'll take this.

In my opinion this is something that needs to be done in the field. 3D or hunting situations to really tell. In my experience the benefit isn't necessarily from the center grip itself but the weight balance.

When centering the grip you shift weight from above grip to below. Where gravity helps you resist torque and tends to even out better in my experience. Like a plumb bob if you will.

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
To me a centered grip holds on target better. Not a prime but my 2015 carbon spyder has a centered grip. They seem to have a feeling of hanging below your bow hand and keeping itself level, instead of feeling weight above your hand and having to hold it level. Yes a stabilizer helps with that, but I feel the higher grip still has a better feeling. I haven’t bought a Hoyt since they lowered the grip location.