Pretty proud of my DIY Tikka 30-06 build/mod

I got really bored this summer and modded out my T3X. It’ll weight out at 9.5lbs with the can. It shoots 1/2” MOA 10 shot groups with 180 grain Federal blue box. The scope is a bit much for a 300-yard gun but I plan on swapping barrels and continuing the mods after this season. I’ll probably go 7prc. Or put a fixed scope on this and build a shorty 22 creed.
The rattle can paint job has flaws but it was fun to complete and turned out pretty good. The mesh bag trick worked pretty well. I’m taking it on a NM Mule deer hunt in a few weeks. We’ll see how the paint holds up.
e9dff0f966a7b82b8db2e1e61d2c98de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Unckebob

WKR
I got really bored this summer and modded out my T3X. It’ll weight out at 9.5lbs with the can. It shoots 1/2” MOA 10 shot groups with 180 grain Federal blue box. The scope is a bit much for a 300-yard gun but I plan on swapping barrels and continuing the mods after this season. I’ll probably go 7prc. Or put a fixed scope on this and build a shorty 22 creed.
The rattle can paint job has flaws but it was fun to complete and turned out pretty good. The mesh bag trick worked pretty well. I’m taking it on a NM Mule deer hunt in a few weeks. We’ll see how the paint holds up.
e9dff0f966a7b82b8db2e1e61d2c98de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought we could not swap bolt faces on Tikka's. How would you convert it to 7 PRC?