PP’s v Secondary Draw

ColoradoV

WKR
Bling.. If you were talking about the draw you are somewhat correct about the cost. It is that way for every nr including me when I hunt other states…

Making all returned tags resident only does not effect the budget at they have ALREADY sold once. So your argument does not hold water man. It would be one bone to residents who give up more than any other state to non residents.

To call a spade a spade Colorado residents get the shortest stick of any western state and folks better be carefully what you wish for as the wolf vote taught us that the ballot box may be the way we need to get the cpw on board - just like the wolves vote in a 90-10 split all seasons, all species, all methods of take and then the cpw will figure it out.

Time to get a more equitable solution for Colorado residents on tag allocation or it might be time for residents to vote on it…

Making all returned tags resident only does not effect the budget at they have ALREADY sold once. So your argument does not hold water man. It would be one bone to residents who give up more than any other state to non residents.
It does hold water because those primary tags have already sold once, but as I mentioned in my post, they have also been refunded. I drew a 2nd season elk tag, but if I decided I no longer wanted it, CPW will refund my money or my points. So yes, the tag was sold, but then it was returned for a refund.

We are CO landowners, so I get it what you are saying. But what I'm also saying is that non-res money largely subsidizes residents. And that's fine. But just know that any deficit from a reduction in non resident revenue will come at the expense of higher license costs to residents.

sndmn11

"DADDY"
We are CO landowners, so I get it what you are saying. But what I'm also saying is that non-res money largely subsidizes residents. And that's fine. But just know that any deficit from a reduction in non resident revenue will come at the expense of higher license costs to residents.

This isn't the zoo where money is needed to house and feed the animals. All license sales could stop right now and the animals wouldn't starve. The idea of for some reason all sorts of money is needed to have wildlife is absurd.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
I am a CO resident…if the hunt quality was the same, I would happily pay what I have for NM, WY and UT tags the mast four years.

No reason resident tags shouldn’t be $185 or more and sell way less tags…get rid of OTC once and for all and move to 80/20 allocation between residents/non-residents.

Thanks. I noticed a unit I had as a second choice for the initial draw and didn’t draw, is available. However I have no grand illusion I will draw it the second time around either with so many people undoubtedly applying in the secondary draw. I know the chances are slim to none. Even though previously I have drawn the tag as a second choice in the primary draw with no problem on multiple occasions. I guess the good ole days are just that. The good ole days.....
Can someone explain why @trophyhill didn't get that second choice tag?

If this was one of your second choices and there were sufficient tags to go to the Secondary Draw, why weren't you given the tag since it was your second choice?

Can someone explain why @trophyhill didn't get that second choice tag?

If this was one of your second choices and there were sufficient tags to go to the Secondary Draw, why weren't you given the tag since it was your second choice?
Because the secondary draw includes tags that were returned from the primary draw before the secondary draw begins. So if someone else drew that tag and returned it quickly, or didn't pay for it and thus it was returned, it's now included in the secondary draw assuming it was worth less than 5 resident points.

Because the secondary draw includes tags that were returned from the primary draw before the secondary draw begins. So if someone else drew that tag and returned it quickly, or didn't pay for it and thus it was returned, it's now included in the secondary draw assuming it was worth less than 5 resident points.
Ah, that makes sense. So the secondary draw is tags that are turned in and any that have a "balance" after the draw is over. Got it.

sndmn11

"DADDY"

This is why I wish a person could only apply for in the secondary draw or get on the leftover/return list tags that they applied for as first-flurth choices, instead of free to grab any available.

Ex: if a person wanted to chance it they could apply for the four highest point elk tags in April knowing full well they likely won't and end up hunting OTC. However, if one of those tags is turned in they are eligible to snag it a long with the others who selected it as any choice in april (provided however many next in line point holders turn it down).