Powder burn rate and temp stab chart?

sdupontjr

WKR
With powder harder and harder to find in the times were in now, is there an updated chart somewhere of the burn rates and temp stability? I saw a few online but they were dated, nothing new. And if nothing has changed over the last 5-7 years, then I'll go print that one out. This is the one I found.Powder burn rate.jpeg

I've never seen a temp stability chart. The various info I've read about temp stability suggests that different powders can behave differently in regards to temp stability based upon chamber pressure, ambient temp, and other factors.

I.E. one powder might be more stable at from 0-50 degrees but not do well 50-100 or might be more stable with low pressure loads and less with high pressure loads, and vice versa. I think i've even read how case fill ratio might impact it. So it would be hard to have an accurate chart.

Burn rate charts are pretty easy to find with the google but yours looks pretty good.

rayporter

WKR
powder burn rates are relative. every time a test is done there are slight changes in the placement of some of the powders. a flip flop or two happens with each test for many reasons. one reason is that each batch of a given powder is different than the last batch, no matter how hard they tried to duplicate the recipe.

just as you can buy a new can of powder and have it chrono 40 fps lower or higher than the last can.

so unless a new powder is added to the chart most charts will be real close and you just have to choose one to go by.

OP
S

sdupontjr

WKR
Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. Ex. varget, cant find it anywhere on the planet unless you want to mortgage you truck. Finding something similar that will produce results is fine by me. Also H-1000 for my 7 mag. Same scenario, if I can find something similar, at least it gives me more options when searching.