Possible issue with Beartooth 2’s

Clockwork

Lil-Rokslider
So last week I went and bought some beartooth 2’s during the sale and tonight I decided to try them on a bit and go for a walk/hike for only a couple miles around the neighborhood.

I put them on straight out of the box without adjusting the laces much. Almost immediately I felt a pinching/rubbing on the bone right above my big toe (see pic) so I relaced the boots and decided to not use the first loop as I’m lacing up and it worked and felt good immediately. After a couple miles I went home and loosened up all laces and kind of readjusted things to help them feel better to me.

FA496F7C-AFB8-410F-A3B0-27A2EDE21FDC.jpeg

B06A56E6-96FE-4B2F-8C4F-0A93ABC70FF9.jpeg

Pics show the area of the feet/shoes that are being affected. I was wearing some Darn tough merino socks (model 1403).

Now my question to you guys, is this fairly “normal” and this will break in and feel better as time goes on or is this a sign that these boots aren’t for me? Any better lacing options or ideas that anyone has? I love the feel of these boots and they are comfortable as all hell so far.

@Schnee's

Last edited:
No insights?

I called schnee's and they said it's ok to break them in and if need be to return them. Put a tennis ball in the shoe to stretch them. They said it might just need to be broken in.

I had the issue on one of my feet, forget which one. Some combination of break in and loosening the first lace (circled) solved it for me.

Attachments

• 5A121763-E809-457B-AF7A-16CECD1D9331.jpeg
    5A121763-E809-457B-AF7A-16CECD1D9331.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 23
I had that same issue with my insulated Beartooths initially. It went away fairly quickly as they broke in.

Went for a little walk again and damn does that part still hurt and dig into the foot. Irritating to say the least, might have to try the timberlines or maybe the kestrel.

Bought an insulated pair of Beartooth 2's in December and had a similar issue, but blamed in on my wonky big toe on my left foot. Worked itself out after a bit.

I did however start getting some wicked heel pain in the same foot (only left foot), and after trying a handful of different insoles noticed there was a bit of fabric on the footbed that was bunched up running across the heel about 1/4 inch tall. Sent em in to Schnee's and confirmed it was a warranty issue. Sent out a new pair, unfortunately they were medium width, not wide, so they said they'd send out the wides right away. Unfortunately they were sold out in my size in the wide. Swapped them out for the Timberlines, and just waiting to receive them so I can try em out. Hoping they are as nice as the Beartooths (Bearteeth?). Really can't say enough about the customer service at Schnee's though. One of the best companies I've ever dealt with.

I called Schnee's and had them run through what size I need and it seems I have way too much room in the back when he had me try a move. Can easily fit all fingers and hand behind my heel. Can easily fit all fingers and hand behind my heel when foot is all the way forward.
So they're sending me an 11.5 to go and try which is a half size down. So we'll see how these fit and go from there. Customer service said they'll keep sending me different options (wider, sizing) until we find something that fits good and if not they'll refund no issues.

They were sold out of the beartooth 2 in 11.5 and about all sizes so I'm having them send me the timberlines instead. I really want to try these ones out anyways as they seem like a good choice.

I called Schnee's and had them run through what size I need and it seems I have way too much room in the back when he had me try a move. Can easily fit all fingers and hand behind my heel. Can easily fit all fingers and hand behind my heel when foot is all the way forward.
So they're sending me an 11.5 to go and try which is a half size down. So we'll see how these fit and go from there. Customer service said they'll keep sending me different options (wider, sizing) until we find something that fits good and if not they'll refund no issues.

They were sold out of the beartooth 2 in 11.5 and about all sizes so I'm having them send me the timberlines instead. I really want to try these ones out anyways as they seem like a good choice.

Have you received your Timberlines yet? I just got mine yesterday and noticed a pinch on the pinky toe side of the boot.

Have you received your Timberlines yet? I just got mine yesterday and noticed a pinch on the pinky toe side of the boot.
Not yet, they will be delivered today they forgot to send out for a few days so I’m still waiting 😂

Now when I was talking to the guy at the store he had me push my feet all the way forward and look at how much room you have behind your foot. He said that you should only be able to fit a finger or two behind the foot andI could fit a significant portion of my hand/fingers behind my heel so I sized down a half size.

Not yet, they will be delivered today they forgot to send out for a few days so I’m still waiting 😂

Now when I was talking to the guy at the store he had me push my feet all the way forward and look at how much room you have behind your foot. He said that you should only be able to fit a finger or two behind the foot andI could fit a significant portion of my hand/fingers behind my heel so I sized down a half size.
Had the same thing happen to me on my first replacement pair! Just needed a gentle reminder!

This might be a dumb question, but when you did the finger test, were they laced tight or unlaced?

Had the same thing happen to me on my first replacement pair! Just needed a gentle reminder!

This might be a dumb question, but when you did the finger test, were they laced tight or unlaced?
I was told to do it unlaced. I wear 12 in tennis shoes but i guess I wear an 11.5 based on what he told me.

I guess I’ll see how they feel once they’re delivered later today. I’m anxiously waiting

So I got the timberlines in and did a short test run with them on, only went to the store to do some grocery shopping. I don't get the same pain with these boots as I did with the beartooth's and I either contribute that to the fact that I went down 1/2 a size to 11.5 or that the boots themselves are less stiff themselves (or maybe it's a mixture of the two changes).

* The timberlines are not as loose as the BT boots but I think that's because I went down 1/2 a size.
* my toe box isn't looser, I still have a little bit of movement.
* My toes are considerably closer to the front of the boot but I still have enough room to shift my whole foot front to back.

Since these are my first boots as I am a new hunter I have a couple questions. Boots are supposed to hug your feet (feel tighter than a regular tennis shoe) correct?

Put a few miles on both the Beartooths and Timberlines yesterday, and the Beartooths fit excellent. I couldn't get away from the pinch on my pinky toe area when I flexed my feet or squatted down in the Timerblines. Just a bad crease that could probably be worked out but it was brutal to try to work through. I'll be sending the Timberlines back and keeping the Beartooths.

Put a few miles on both the Beartooths and Timberlines yesterday, and the Beartooths fit excellent. I couldn't get away from the pinch on my pinky toe area when I flexed my feet or squatted down in the Timerblines. Just a bad crease that could probably be worked out but it was brutal to try to work through. I'll be sending the Timberlines back and keeping the Beartooths.
Haha were the exact opposite, I'm going to send my BT in on monday probably. Are yours too tight and its pinching your pinky toe area?

The fit is great, but when I flex my foot up towards my knee, or crouch down in them, there is a pinch point. Basically the exact same spot on your first foot picture, but just on side of the little piggy that went wee wee all the way home.

The fit is great, but when I flex my foot up towards my knee, or crouch down in them, there is a pinch point. Basically the exact same spot on your first foot picture, but just on side of the little piggy that went wee wee all the way home.
I hear you, I loved the BT and I thought maybe the pain would go away as well as I broke them in but the pain was too great to get over.

Back