Schnee's Beartooth

It was sufficient other than a couple mornings when it was like 10 degrees sitting and glassing I would through toe warmers on, that just me personally speaking to CO 2nd season this year

It was darn cold when I was hunting CO 2nd mid season. 3 degrees one morning getting out of the tent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
How was the 200g insulation for colder season hunts where you move a lot like CO 2nd/3rd?
I have the Granite 200g (roughly similar to the Beartooths, with a tad thicker leather) and they were not too warm for me during backcountry hunting (lots of hiking) from August through late October in Alaska, granted that means temperatures 65F down to 25F or so, and lots of rainy weather this year. I did end up with slightly sweaty boots at the end of warmer days, but my feet were comfortable the whole time. My feet were cold during glassing with temps below 40F, but I easily get cold feet.

I have the Granite 200g (roughly similar to the Beartooths, with a tad thicker leather) and they were not too warm for me during backcountry hunting (lots of hiking) from August through late October in Alaska, granted that means temperatures 65F down to 25F or so, and lots of rainy weather this year. I did end up with slightly sweaty boots at the end of warmer days, but my feet were comfortable the whole time. My feet were cold during glassing with temps below 40F, but I easily get cold feet.

Sounds very similar to me… I would go with the uninsulated but the 200g is quite a bit cheaper on their website currently

Do you think the uninsulated would make much of a difference?

fatlander

WKR
They’re currently that much off now, are there better sales later in the year or around Black Friday? I’m in no rush tomorrow get them because I don’t have a use for them outside of hunting seasons

That’s about as good as it gets. Go for it

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
Do these tend to run narrow in the toe box? Thoughts on bumping up .5 size?
or just bump up to the "wide" size, which isn't particularly wide if you get the 200g insulated boot. My Granite 200g "wides" are noticeably narrower than my Lowa Tibet wides, Crispi Briksdal GTX wide, or wide-last Zamberlan Hunter 200g boots I've tried on.

Last edited:

jzelk

FNG
Do these tend to run narrow in the toe box? Thoughts on bumping up .5 size?
I have not had an issue with the beartooths. I bought insulated granites in the same size and they are much more narrow than the beartooths, to the point they don't fit my feet.

West18

FNG
I have both the uninsulated and 200g beartooths, love them both and they have fit true to size for me

West18

FNG
Dumb question but is the 200g much warmer than the uninsulated?

If I were to quantify it I would say they're 10 degrees warmer (tough to quantify tho). I bought the 200g first and loved them so wanted the option to wear some in the summer. If I were to have 1 pair I would go uninsulated. You can always double up socks or use foot warmers