Schnee's Beartooth

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
I just received a pair of Schnee's Beartooth boots a few days ago and have been wearing them around inside the house. These boots are a little taller than I have worn in the past, but are very comfortable out of the box (on carpet). Treated them with Nikwax and plan on getting out this weekend for an easy hike. It's been wet and cold in Oregon, but will be nice to get out to test them out a little. Planning on elk hunting in Wyoming this year and hopefully these make the cut.20230405_211554.jpg

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Good choice. I have a pair (albeit the older version), and they're the best boots i've ever worn. I wear them for everything.

Yoder

WKR
I only have about 20 miles on mine. Really comfortable and have the best support of any boot I've tried so far.

snipe10

FNG
Know this thread is 5 months old but did you get the 200g insulated? I just ordered a pair for an Alaska moose hunt next year and every year elk hunts in CO. Normally go with boots not as tall as some can irritate me, but I called the store in Bozeman and the guy told me to give them a try saying they're soft and shouldn't bug me. Hoping all the positive reviews are right. Did get 10% off signing up for the newsletter and texts. Still almost $500 w tax and shipping.

fatlander

WKR
Know this thread is 5 months old but did you get the 200g insulated? I just ordered a pair for an Alaska moose hunt next year and every year elk hunts in CO. Normally go with boots not as tall as some can irritate me, but I called the store in Bozeman and the guy told me to give them a try saying they're soft and shouldn't bug me. Hoping all the positive reviews are right. Did get 10% off signing up for the newsletter and texts. Still almost $500 w tax and shipping.

Man I love my schnees but I’d never pay close to that for them. They do really good sales a few times throughout the year. If it’s not 35-45% off, you paid too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snipe10

FNG
Man I love my schnees but I’d never pay close to that for them. They do really good sales a few times throughout the year. If it’s not 35-45% off, you paid too much.

Guess so but if they fit, it's a deal considering how many other boots I've bought that are sitting in the garage. I'd pay $1K for a perfect fitting boot! Lost both big toenails last year in Idaho in my Hoffmans going down a really steep ridge.

To be fair, I like my Hoffmans, had the right size too, just think I'd never been on something so steep. Have flat feet with a high instep.

Last edited:

snipe10

FNG
Got the 12.5 and comfortable so far, but just worn around the house. Want to make sure they feel good a couple days in a row before taking them outside.

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
My family has 8 pairs of them over 6 people (I have 3 pair). Everybody loves them.

My Timberlines are going strong on their 3rd season and I'm the only one without foot pain in my hunting group. A couple of the guys have since switched to the Beartooths based on my experiences. I'll be buying a pair of Beartooths when the Timberlines give out.

OP
L

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
Great boot! I did not get the insulated model, my feet get too hot! I agree that I would pay $1000 for a great fitting pair of boots. They were also waterproof during a heavy wet snow, which is something I can't say about a pair of boots that I paid more for!

I wanted a pair of insulated boots for CO 2nd deer and I picked up the 200g on sale. Had no break in issues and pretty probably logged over 20 miles during second season and had no issues super comfortable. If I can get a pair of insulated ones for same price point during one of their sales. I’ll be fully switching to Schnee‘s. Plus customer service was awesome!

They’re currently that much off now, are there better sales later in the year or around Black Friday? I’m in no rush tomorrow get them because I don’t have a use for them outside of hunting seasons

I wanted a pair of insulated boots for CO 2nd deer and I picked up the 200g on sale. Had no break in issues and pretty probably logged over 20 miles during second season and had no issues super comfortable. If I can get a pair of insulated ones for same price point during one of their sales. I’ll be fully switching to Schnee‘s. Plus customer service was awesome!

How was the 200g insulation for colder season hunts where you move a lot like CO 2nd/3rd?

3Esski

FNG
Warning on the larger sizes. I wear a 14 1/2 and couldnt get my foot in their 15's. Narrow and short.
Ugh...just ordered some 14s and wasn't sure if wide or medium was the right call. The 200g are on sale so I'm guessing I'll be double screwed since i got the 14s in a regular. Guess I'll find out in a few days when they arrive. Allegedly the returns for different sizes is a simple process but I'd like to not have that hassle. We'll see.

How was the 200g insulation for colder season hunts where you move a lot like CO 2nd/3rd?

It was sufficient other than a couple mornings when it was like 10 degrees sitting and glassing I would through toe warmers on, that just me personally speaking to CO 2nd season this year