Portland Oregon

xsn10s

WKR
I think that is a little over the top!

No Go zones in Bend!šŸ˜‚ I would love to know the name of the streets the police say are I safe to enter, please post.

Bend is no where near as crime riden and crappy as portland. Not even comparable.

I just spent 4 days for Motherā€™s Day weekend was all over Redmond and Bend

Saw maybe 6 homeless people total
I'll ask my buddy next time I speak to him. I think it was by Schwabs. But over at the BiMart is another hot spot. Here's an article on a street. Not sure if this is the same one I'm talking about. https://ktvz.com/news/government-po...iteria-for-unsafe-campsite-possible-clearing/

xsn10s

WKR

No Go zones in Bend!šŸ˜‚ I would love to know the name of the streets the police say are I safe to enter, please post.

Bend is no where near as crime riden and crappy as portland. Not even comparable.

The new camping code might be why you didn't see many. But I used to live there and have many friends that still do. And I hear weekly/ daily complaints. https://www.bendbulletin.com/homele...cle_a060bb08-d896-11ed-a29d-5f5c6f44738e.html

Last edited:

Broomd

WKR
It's what happens when you shut down the national mental health system, it catches up to you 30 years later, and then you politcize the results.

Drug addiction, homelessness, violent crime, over crowded prisons, it all goes back to mental health.
No, it all goes back to rule of law and consequences for behavior, growing up and throughout life.

xsn10s

WKR
Here's the cleanup at China Hat Rd. There's been shootings at this camp too. The homeless don't leave, they move to a new spot and the cycle starts over again. From inside to city to outside of town, back to inside the city. We'll see if the new ordinance stops it. It may and there is a chance they'll move to Eastern Oregon and then the cycle starts over again. But the social programs and left leaning concepts are more prevalent in Bend than Eastern Oregon so we'll see. https://ktvz.com/videos/2023/04/12/...les-cleared-off-china-hat-road-south-of-bend/

Rick M.

WKR

Bend is great. We did a lot of camping there, and I miss getting my ass kicked fishing the Metolius.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Here's the cleanup at China Hat Rd. There's been shootings at this camp too. The homeless don't leave, they move to a new spot and the cycle starts over again. From inside to city to outside of town, back to inside the city. We'll see if the new ordinance stops it. It may and there is a chance they'll move to Eastern Oregon and then the cycle starts over again. But the social programs and left leaning concepts are more prevalent in Bend than Eastern Oregon so we'll see. https://ktvz.com/videos/2023/04/12/...les-cleared-off-china-hat-road-south-of-bend/
Bingo! Same cycle as Seattle. They clear out one camp and they just move to a new spot. I live about 25 miles SE of Seattle and a couple weeks ago a run down 5th wheel showed up about a mile from us on the main road with a couple sketchy characters hanging out. Luckily the local King county sheriff's office is a bit more proactive and it disappeared.

xsn10s

WKR
Bend is great. We did a lot of camping there, and I miss getting my ass kicked fishing the Metolius.
Bend was great maybe 15 years ago, not so much now.. I lived there and fished/ hunted all over the place. The state has regulated the police so they cannot do the job effectively/ proactively. Here's a perfect example why.

"There were two arrests, for disorderly conduct and theft, but no arrests in an incident involving several people and a reported use of mace because most involved remained in their tents and did not cooperate."

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
This is the disclose of the last century under a conservative aristocracy, hyper capitalism, hyper consumerism and the extinction of social services and public services. Poor understanding of the constitution, poor understanding of how a civilization works and a large base of conservative rednecks controlling the country in the name of capitalism.

The new camping code might be why you didn't see many. But I used to live there and have many friends that still do. And I hear weekly/ daily complaints. https://www.bendbulletin.com/homele...cle_a060bb08-d896-11ed-a29d-5f5c6f44738e.html
Definitely crime and homeless in every bigger city

Iā€™ve lived/worked in Portland my whole life.

Iā€™ve spent tons of time in and around Bend for the last almost 25 years.

Not trying to start a pissing match, I just wouldnā€™t put the 2 cities anywhere near each other in terms of a ā€œbad cityā€.

Bend is one of the places I go to get away from turd hole Portland
If there was a overall quality of life scale from 1-10, the city of Portland would be very very low on the scale like 2-3
I would put Bend very high, line 8-9.

Just my opinion with lots of first hand experience in both cities.

xsn10s

WKR
Definitely crime and homeless in every bigger city

Iā€™ve lived/worked in Portland my whole life.

Iā€™ve spent tons of time in and around Bend for the last almost 25 years.

Not trying to start a pissing match, I just wouldnā€™t put the 2 cities anywhere near each other in terms of a ā€œbad cityā€.

Bend is one of the places I go to get away from turd hole Portland
If there was a overall quality of life scale from 1-10, the city of Portland would be very very low on the scale like 2-3
I would put Bend very high, line 8-9.

Just my opinion with lots of first hand experience in both cities.
I'm trying not starting a pissing match either. Here's my original post on the matter.
Bend is on track to mimic Portland. The Sheriff is going to make changes but the city has issues. One of my friends that lives there says the police have deemed some street as unsafe to enter.
As you can see I said "Bend is on track to mimic Portland". I know the difference between big cities and small towns. I grew up in small farm communities and ended up in So Cal. Been through two major riots and dealt with gangs and such. I moved to Bend back in 2004 and had a sale territory covering OR, IDA, WA and MT. Portland and Seattle were the two cities I spent a majority of my time in. I'd argue that after the last three years of living in Portland anywhere else is going to look good. Even if it's not.

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
The city of Portland was the benchmark for what ad is I just stated I donā€™t know of any other cities in Oregon that are house as bad as Portland.

In your opinion, what other cities in Oregon have a similar really crappy quality of life like Portland?

By quality of life, I would mean homeless people everywhere crimes committed in broad, daylight, routinely, empty buildings graffiti trash all over the place, shootings, other violent, crimes, etc.

87TT

WKR
My kid lives in Bend and has since 2000. She says there are parts of Bend that are just like Portland. Stepson just came back from a trip to the coast and said the homeless camps are everywhere. Walked in a restroom and a guy was shooting up. His daughter went into a restroom and was met met by a 6ā€™5ā€™ trans coming out. There are homeless camps all around Ontario and needles on the ground everywhere. The police arenā€™t allowed to enforce trespass laws either. I used love OR but no more. As long as the voters in the left coast keep voting for itā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

87TT

WKR
This is the disclose of the last century under a conservative aristocracy, hyper capitalism, hyper consumerism and the extinction of social services and public services. Poor understanding of the constitution, poor understanding of how a civilization works and a large base of conservative rednecks controlling the country in the name of capitalism.
This Kind of thinking is why it is what it is.
The ā€œprogressivesā€œ and liberal hippies brought the city to where it is. Portland was never conservative in my long lifetime.

It's what happens when you shut down the national mental health system, it catches up to you 30 years later, and then you politcize the results.

Drug addiction, homelessness, violent crime, over crowded prisons, it all goes back to mental health.
His description made it sound like the very red city I live just outside.

OP
hunterjmj

hunterjmj

WKR
I grew up in Bend and Graduated in 97'. I moved east that summer and never came back. I moved to Idaho then Montana. We went to Bend in 17' for a family thing and I'm so happy I moved away in 97'. I have 0 plans on going back Portland or Bend. I have family and friends in Burns which I'll gladly visit.