Port Strike

KsRancher

WKR
Infer what you want from it I guess. If I were building a commercial building where I live I would choose union labor based on the quality and production rates I've seen from both in my area.
I imagine it matters where you are at what the job is. But around me if you show up at a job site with union labor it's absolutely pitiful. All you hear is "thats so and so job", "I only run the excavator", "you will have to wait until after break to get unloaded". Meanwhile us non union guys are all about getting stuff done and moving on with life. I am not a fan of the "not my job" comment.

JFK

WKR
No part of this seems like collective bargaining. Daring them to fire everyone and start over is nothing more than legal extortion.

Employees request higher pay or they will, at the very worst, disrupt work, equals legal extortion in your words.

So if an employer tells employees that if they don’t like working conditions they can quit and start over, that equals what?

It’s the same thing. No one’s hands are clean. No side is perfect and there are definitely cases of abuse on both sides, but if I’m speaking generally, I’ll side with the guy actually doing the work every single time.