Podcasts, why do you listen

Why do you listen to podcasts?

• Information (cut the BS'ing out completely)

• Entertainment (could care less about information quality)

• Primarily information, but also entertainment (BS'ing is ok, but overall I want information)

• Prmarily entertainment, but also for information (BS'ing is great, just have something useful too)

• What's a podcast?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesy

FNG
I enjoy podcasts, but only listen when I have a long-ish drive or flight to get into them. I don't listen when at work or when I'm just piddling around the house because I can't focus on what is being said, and I don't listen on short drives because just when I get into the meat of a subject I'm getting out of a car. My commute used to be 45 minutes, so that was great for getting in a long podcast. Now I'm only about 10 minutes and the car isn't even warmed up then.

I enjoy the Meateater umbrella of podcasts, primarily Bear Grease/This Country Life/Meateater/Cals week in review. I can't keep caught up on those so I don't even try to listen to others. I like the info put out on them, its a lot of BS'ing, a lot of info, and a lot of topics/guests that are kind of third-hand into the outdoor world, so relevant, but not all about shooting a deer from a treestand over a corn pile.

sv315

FNG
I don't have it in me to listen to podcasts, but I have understood the appeal on a long drive. I could never pick one for myself though

NMJM

FNG
I don't understand how anyone could not listen at this point. How else do you learn about the world around you and get different points of view. Whatever you are curious about there is a podcast, physics, astronomy, current events, history, politics, mysteries, hunting, knitting or whatever.

KurtR

WKR
Other than Shawn Ryan all the ones I listen to are now dog training . And as Jimmy Rogers on the dog house says there are a lot of gold nuggets on them you can learn a lot from guys who have their hands on hundreds of dogs.

sv315

FNG
I don't understand how anyone could not listen at this point. How else do you learn about the world around you and get different points of view. Whatever you are curious about there is a podcast, physics, astronomy, current events, history, politics, mysteries, hunting, knitting or whatever.
Yeah reading just works better for me

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
I have a tough time listening to most podcasts where it's supposed to be informational but it's really a sausage party of bros and dudes talking over each other and trying to out do each other.

I used to listen to ones related to my professional work...but don't need to any more. 😃 ...Unless the economy really really takes a dump.