Pizza Crumb Hunters? Non serious, sarcastic post warning

Billinsd

WKR
Do you park at your favorite hunting spot with outdated gear and guns. When you get out of your truck do you brush the pizza crumbs off your shirt, throw on your pack and go? Pizza crumb hunter? Or do you park with the latest gear and guns and lots of special apps for shooting? Gear Junky? In another thread some one said something about a guy driving to the trail head brushing off pizza crumbs, insinuating that he didn’t need any special gear or clothes to be a good hunter and to do so is unnecessary.

Last edited:

jbelz

Lil-Rokslider
Pizza is for Fudds. You haven’t done anything until you’ve ripped a Maverik burrito & two sugar free RedBulls at 5 a.m. on the way to “spot and stalk” goats off a two track in mid-August, realizing half the way out there you left your Dude Wipes at home with all the elk hunting gear.

Jmort1754

WKR
I learned a long time ago no matter I eat its coming out in 20 minutes, sometimes in unchewed pieces. Therefore I am going to eat the burrito and a greasy piece of day old breakfast pizza, Wash them down with coffee and a bang, then put a chew in and enjoy my day.

I don't judge anyone and I sure as hell don't come on rokslide bragging about my prowess.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
I get my gear together about a week ahead. I haven't bought new stuff in years except for a new 338wm that's now two years old.I go in two days before the opener set up camp do a little scouting and get ready for opening morning. Hunt solo so don't have anyone else to worry about. Works for me

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
Lost me at hunting from a trailhead.
Head out from the trailhead after parking. Are you loaded up with all the latest gear, apps, 22 Creedmoor rifle, optics and clothes? Or do you wipe the pizza crumbs off your real tree camp shirt you bought at Walmart for $10? and carry an old boring rifle like a 30-06 or 270? Both are fine to me it’s a personal choice, but I “lean” towards the latest gear, apps, clothing and optics.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
It’s a new word for me, pizza crumb hunter=good hunter who doesn’t keep up with the latest trends. It’s not derogatory in how I use it. The opposite is a gear junky. I like corny sayings and phrases, they entertain me. Simple as that. I’m amusing myself. I’m jonesing about the hunting season starting, can’t wait!

wapitibob

WKR
Head out from the trailhead after parking. Are you loaded up with all the latest gear, apps, 22 Creedmoor rifle, optics and clothes? Or do you wipe the pizza crumbs off your real tree camp shirt you bought at Walmart for $10? and carry an old boring rifle like a 30-06 or 270? Both are fine to me it’s a personal choice, but I “lean” towards the latest gear, apps, clothing and optics.

I don't hunt from a trailhead. Right up there with a wilderness area; attracts hunters like moths to a flame.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
I don't hunt from a trailhead. Right up there with a wilderness area; attracts hunters like moths to a flame.
Sure, I almost never do either. I was using it to compare two kinds of hunters. I fixed it to state after you leave your truck to hunt are you loaded with the latest gear=gear junky or do you brush the pizza crumbs off your shirt=opposite of gear junky=pizza crumb hunter?

Last edited: