Pistols & red dots

I was impressed by how many fir needles my Deltapoint Pro managed to collect :ROFLMAO:

Just put a EPS on my prodigy. So far, I am liking it quite a bit.

Also much prefer a green dot over a red dot. Bright sunny day, my eyes have a hard time seeing a red dot.

Last edited:

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
I have a leupold delta point pro. It’s not cheap but very disappointing. I can’t see it very well and sometimes not at all in bright sunlight and often it’s impossible to see in the snow when the sun is shining.

Wolfshead

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Swampfox Sentinal on my Shield plus.
I would have no problem recommending that one!

2ski

WKR
I have used the RMR's, they are very good.
I own a couple Holosun. A 407 & 507. One on Ruger Mk4 Hunter it's about 5 years old the other I got this spring for a suppressed Ruger 22/45. One is green and one is red. I prefer the green. Have had no issues with them so far. I think the 407 was $250 or so.
The features I like are the auto off and shake awake. They also have a solar panel, that they run off, in daylight.
As for durability on a gun you might really need, I don't know. But mine work well and they are fast and fun on my rimfires.
What distance do you zero them at?

Watrdawg

Lil-Rokslider
I definitely like the closed emitter sights. I've switched to Holosun 507 sights for 2 of my pistols. I had Trijicon RMRs and didn't like them. Main reason is the dots. So when bringing a pistol to bear on a target finding the Dot in the sight was difficult for me. My Holosun as a large circle and then the center dot. So when I'm drawing the gun up from my holster and bringing it to bear on the target its easier and faster for me to find the dot and quickly center it on the target. For me, they are just much faster to use. If you are off just a bit on your draw its easier to find the larger outer circle and then put the center dot on target. I also have a stigmatism and the dots on RMR style sights have a bloom to them. The Holosuns sights are crisp and clear

warrbuk

WKR
I have either shot extensively on a T&E or owned an SRO, Acro P2, Holosun 509T, & a 507.

All are or were on duty or off duty pistols.

The SRO is bombproof, extra large lense, but open emitter.

The Acro was very nice but I slightly prefer the 509T

The 507 is basic & open emitter. Its compact size has earned it a spot on my off duty rig.

We sight our staff in at 25 yards.

The important thing to remember is that a RDO is a “target focus” sight with both eyes open. Its takes a lot of reps to become proficient in its use.

The same goes with the draw, our RDS transition is a 3 day process. It could be more..

Dry drills are great for reps if you don’t have unlimited ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder

WKR
I have a Burris fast fire II on my old Glock 17. I bought an adapter plate that fits in the rear sight dovetail. It works pretty well, and I believe it has a forever warranty. Price was decent too. I shot open sights for so many years when I first tried the red dot, I didn't see any improvement. I need to shoot it a lot more. I can hardly find the dot when I draw the gun.

I have either shot extensively on a T&E or owned an SRO, Acro P2, Holosun 509T, & a 507.

All are or were on duty or off duty pistols.

The SRO is bombproof, extra large lense, but open emitter.

The Acro was very nice but I slightly prefer the 509T

The 507 is basic & open emitter. Its compact size has earned it a spot on my off duty rig.

We sight our staff in at 25 yards.

The important thing to remember is that a RDO is a “target focus” sight with both eyes open. Its takes a lot of reps to become proficient in its use.

The same goes with the draw, our RDS transition is a 3 day process. It could be more..

Dry drills are great for reps if you don’t have unlimited ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 509T2 on a SiG P320 AXG Legion and it's an absolute tac driver. Red dots are the way to go for sure