Pics of Custom Knives

Got this boner by Nicholas Smith in today...

IMG_2726.JPG

IMG_2713.JPG

IMG_2731.JPG

Said I wasn't too interested in Josh's knives. I do however like this blade shape. I am certain he knows more than I do regarding knife steels. And admittedly....I am learning that being a steel snob isn't all its cracked up to be. I am turning into more of a mild steel that is easy to touch up.

That being his main working knife principle. But this 51200 ball bearing steel. Is there ANYONE else who uses that for blade steel?

Should I wait a half a year until he does this in MagnaCut?

1675026224759.png

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Said I wasn't too interested in Josh's knives. I do however like this blade shape. I am certain he knows more than I do regarding knife steels. And admittedly....I am learning that being a steel snob isn't all its cracked up to be. I am turning into more of a mild steel that is easy to touch up.

That being his main working knife principle. But this 51200 ball bearing steel. Is there ANYONE else who uses that for blade steel?

Should I wait a half a year until he does this in MagnaCut?

View attachment 508708
I have the magnucut one. It’s fine but I’m just not super keen on paying $300+ for a knife with paracord/G10 bolt handle

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
@Jesse Jaymes I’d personally look at a Charles May or Ken Honeycutt if you want a gorgeous well made working man’s knife

I have the magnucut one. It’s fine but I’m just not super keen on paying $300+ for a knife with paracord/G10 bolt handle
This is a brand new drop I think? Sold out very quickly. I don't think he's made this one in MagaCut yet?? Just dropped last week.

And No....this isn't meant to be a "custom" knife. I would look at others for that. This would be simply what it is....a tool to break down critters and give minimal Fs about when it's bloody, shitty, whatevs.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
This is a brand new drop I think? Sold out very quickly. I don't think he's made this one in MagaCut yet?? Just dropped last week.

Wasn’t this his Stonedgoat? Just a stonewall skinner with paracord? I have the G10 handle Magnacut model.

Attachments

• 17474D50-7DFF-4854-BBF3-FCFFAD5CE7A9.jpeg
    17474D50-7DFF-4854-BBF3-FCFFAD5CE7A9.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 66
Yes Stoned Goat....which he says is a blade blend of Speed Goat and Stonewall Skinner. Thought this first drop was the 19th of January. But I dont follow him non stop. Could be wrong