Pics of Custom Knives

sndmn11

WKR
What do you use to strip the old handles off?

It was the orange rubber version. I assumed that it was just glued on so I used a heat gun to try and pull it off. It actually was molded inside the rubber to match those hole cut outs; basically like hidden rubber integrated pins.

The rubber started to melt so I just took a flush cut hobby type saw and ran it down one side of the tang. Took all of 1min. It was surprisingly rusty underneath.

Is that ultem 500?
It is this https://www.makermaterialsupply.com...d-rod-amber-color?_pos=2&_sid=288e5e6ab&_ss=r

Irish Miner

Lil-Rokslider
Great looking knives! I have to share mine. My wifes uncle is a farrier by trade and he whipped me up this piece a few years ago for Fathers Day.

I then had my friends brother make a sheath for it as he likes to work with leather.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3292.jpg
    IMG_3292.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3291.jpg
    IMG_3291.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 67

mcseal2

WKR
This one worked well enough friends and I ordered 6 more. It's skinned, quartered, and boned whitetail, caribou, elk, and blacktail in the last couple years. I liked my original well enough I ordered a second when the other guys got theirs just in case.

I wanted a knife really similar to my Dozier Pro Guide but in 3V steel with a high saber grind for a little extra toughness. I never had an issue with the Dozier, but with it being really hard D2 and hollow ground I did not use it as hard as I have this new one. This new one has a 90 degree spine for scraping tinder or striking a ferro rod too.

It's easily my favorite knife for hunting trips. Designed as a hunting knife but it makes a great camp knife too. Trips where I'm not processing game I tend to prefer a LT Wright GNS just due to the tip being centered. It's better for some jobs, but has less belly for skinning.

I have it and the Benchmade Altitude I carry in my emergency kit for AK in the pictures.

Attachments

• D325C6F8-3D06-42BE-8914-E1A20FAFEEF3.jpeg
    D325C6F8-3D06-42BE-8914-E1A20FAFEEF3.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 81
  • CB9092ED-EB5F-4F0A-8FC4-11AAE433655F.jpeg
    CB9092ED-EB5F-4F0A-8FC4-11AAE433655F.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 81

AKDoc

WKR
Lots of really nice and beautiful knives you guys have shared, thank you.

Below is my custom Chamberlin knife that was made here in Alaska. Its appearance shows the years of use on countless hunts over the three decades that I have had it...fits my hand perfectly and holds a razor sharp edge through a moose job.

The only down-side is its weight. I started using a lighter replaceable blade knife for sheep and mountain goat hunts, as well as more recently on weight restricted fly-in moose hunts...definite pros/cons with a replaceable blade knife.

My Chamberlin will always be my favorite hunting knife...
Chamberlin.jpg

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Lots of really nice and beautiful knives you guys have shared, thank you.

Below is my custom Chamberlin knife that was made here in Alaska. Its appearance shows the years of use on countless hunts over the three decades that I have had it...fits my hand perfectly and holds a razor sharp edge through a moose job.

The only down-side is its weight. I started using a lighter replaceable blade knife for sheep and mountain goat hunts, as well as more recently on weight restricted fly-in moose hunts...definite pros/cons with a replaceable blade knife.

My Chamberlin will always be my favorite hunting knife...
View attachment 496101
Very nice looks reminiscent of a Dozier

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Just got this Vorn Draugr in. One of my favorite makers!

Attachments

• ED32A45D-CC83-4ADC-9B5C-893654184734.jpeg
    ED32A45D-CC83-4ADC-9B5C-893654184734.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 47