Photography- one photo a day

79c94d2f936936ada8f0c9fecff09599.jpg

I'm a newbie to the site, but this is a shot I took after hunting one evening this year.

colonel00

WKR
Welcome Justin and nice photo. I just picked up a new fast prime lens to get some shots like yours.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sometimes it just comes together...you go into a new place in the dark never having ventured on opening day and on back2back opening days another gift is presented...before I knew it I had pulled the trigger and elk season 15 was over...fortunately I have my MT deer tag for something to do in November

colonel00

WKR
Got a new lens to play with. Still have plenty to learn but it's a step in the right direction
First%20Milky%20Way%202_zpsfspuojoq.jpg

Last edited:
Got a new lens to play with. Still have plenty to learn but it's a step in the right direction
First%20Milky%20Way%202_zpsfspuojoq.jpg
[/IMG]

Great shot! Let me know if you have some astro photo questions. I dont claim to be an expert but I will be glad to share anything I have learned along the way.

colonel00

WKR
Thanks fellas. I'm getting a feel for this lens. The big learning curve is doing some post processing to bring it out better. Sadly I have to deal with a lot of light pollution and "blah" scenery for nightscapes here but it's good practice for when I'm on trips. Hoping to get some good images while chasing bison next month and AK next year will open up a whole new world of photo opportunities.

colonel00

WKR
Also, I'm on a photo forum but it might be nice to have a photo sub-forum here for tips and tricks. Even a guy with a P&S ite camera phone could pick up some pointers on composing and taking better images.

Whats the best way to upload high resolution photos on here? Are you guys linking to flickr or photo bucket? When I upload directly from Tapatalk app the photo comes out small and heavily compressed on the site.

Canon FD 24mm SSC F2.8 made in the 1970s. Costs about $100 on eBay. Mounted on a Sony A7MKII

Last edited:

bbrown

WKR
Hopefully not a dumb question but is there a trick I am missing when using photobucket? I always get an error saying the files are too large to link into Rokslide and when you resize them they look like poop.

Uncheck the box that gives you the option to import the file locally under where you paste the link. It's probably a file size issue. That's what just happened to me