Photography- one photo a day

CorbLand

WKR
^ I love my mountains, but the few trips I've done in the deserts are near and dear to me; it's usually a 2-3 year wait, but I keep going back :)
That was the first time I was down that far South. Driving there, I joked about living there and how its a waste land. Five days later, I told my wife that I am coming back there any chance I get. Probably helped that I went in December from Northern Utah.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ mine were all Winter/Spring trips; pretty sure my bones would be bleached out and sitting in the sun if I attempted any of those in the summer :ROFLMAO:

NB7

WKR
20230602_192950.jpg
Looking back I noticed one of my first pics taken of these two was 12 days ago. This means they're likely due to fly from the nest within the next few days. Also noticed the hen hasn't been brooding at night, which is another sign. Judging from the looks of their primaries and tailfeathers, it's going to be any day now.

dtrkyman

WKR
53f57f18ced91eb6fe0bcec2004ea323.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NB7

WKR
20230603_063845.jpg
Not much of a photo here, but only posting it in case anyone has followed along with the previous dove nest pictures I've been posting. Went out this morning and then hen was on the nest, but she immediately jumped off. Looks like my guess was right, the two squabs left this nest since I photographed them yesterday evening. It looked like they were close to flight. I'm guessing they are nearby, overnighting in my leylands or arborvitaes. Perhaps she'll tend another brood here soon.