Pet Peeve of mine...

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Does it matter when the rules aren't enforced?
A little. For an officer, there would be a difference between getting an email with after 14 days, or getting an email every 24hrs. Maybe if annoyed enough, they'd be willing to at least swing by the trailheads and leave notices?

WKR
An area I hunt has about 9 camp Sites, year before last a large group had one big camp but they put out tents and cars and lawn chairs at all the other camps sites just to keep other people out of the area.
Brilliant! I love Rockslide for all these pro hunting tips I can't find anywhere else. Thanks for passing that one along!

sndmn11

WKR
We sometimes set our wall tent up ahead of time. Our reason for doing so is not to "claim" any spot at all, it is so that we are not setting camp up after dinner time in the dark. We don't want to be whacking stakes into the ground 7 hours before we walk out to hunt. I would imagine that would prompt a thread titled, "It chaps my rear when people set up camp the night before opening day"...

I would prefer if others came across our camp, with the hopes to have camped there, to go ahead and do so. I think it is less disruptive for camps to be in the same spot rather than scattered about.

fishslap

WKR
We sometimes set our wall tent up ahead of time. Our reason for doing so is not to "claim" any spot at all, it is so that we are not setting camp up after dinner time in the dark. We don't want to be whacking stakes into the ground 7 hours before we walk out to hunt. I would imagine that would prompt a thread titled, "It chaps my rear when people set up camp the night before opening day"...

I would prefer if others came across our camp, with the hopes to have camped there, to go ahead and do so. I think it is less disruptive for camps to be in the same spot rather than scattered about.
How far ahead of time do you set them up?

sndmn11

WKR
How far ahead of time do you set them up?
Two years ago it was the weekend before archery opened, and then we left it up unattended through the following work week to hunt the next weekend.

This year I was going to set up on Sunday, but we couldn't decide where. My brother might go up tomorrow night if we can decide. My expectation is to arrive Thursday evening this week.

Wrench

WKR
I have 30 days of leave and I'll be in the woods all of it or until I get hurt or notched. I'm fine moving down the road if need be. People probably think my outfit is abandoned because I'm home after dark and gone before....sometimes I spend a few nights in a spike camp.

svivian

WKR
im setting mine up tomorrow night to be left up for a few weeks.... Youre all welcome to stay if its during the week monday through thursday. Honey holes will be left marked on a map inside

Dunndm

WKR
im setting mine up tomorrow night to be left up for a few weeks.... Youre all welcome to stay if its during the week monday through thursday. Honey holes will be left marked on a map inside

Where at!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
Many years ago I left my wall tent set up while I came back home for a few days.

Upon my return to the tent, I found a note inside with a $20 bill.

The note read something to the effect of “ Thanks for the use of your tent and cots. We were lost and wet. “

Laramie

WKR
Seriously guys. Walk through the camp and go hunting if it is on a closed road. If its somewhere else walk 50 yards around it. I could care less how long someone camps.

svivian

WKR
Many years ago I left my wall tent set up while I came back home for a few days.

Upon my return to the tent, I found a note inside with a $20 bill.

The note read something to the effect of “ Thanks for the use of your tent and cots. We were lost and wet. “
I had an emergency happen end of an archery season one year and ended up leaving mine setup for 3 weeks of october until i could get back up there. Found it basically the way i left it but could tell someone had moved my cot and slept in there. No problem by me, glad it saved someone some hassle and they didnt screw me over.

OP
R

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Ya'll understand that its just pure speculation, you don't actually know what these people are doing.
Maybe there out scouting and just get up earlier and stay out later then you.
I know these are abandoned "claim" sites. I cut firewood and scout at least 2x a week since June 5 minutes from my home. Easy to tell when someone is camping or not based on a few appearances.

I don't care if you set up the night or two before. You are pushing my buttons leaving your crap up there 2 weeks ahead of time.

I know these are abandoned "claim" sites. I cut firewood and scout at least 2x a week since June 5 minutes from my home. Easy to tell when someone is camping or not based on a few appearances.

I don't care if you set up the night or two before. You are pushing my buttons leaving your crap up there 2 weeks ahead of time.
And why are you so important any one should care about pressing your buttons?

I’m way too busy hunting to worry about who’s been camping and how long.
Me too. There’s always room for my tent. That’s all that matters. I like it a little way from the others anyway. Claiming a campsite doesn’t claim the mountain so I don’t care. As long as they aren’t litterbugs. That’s my pet peeve!!!

Unrelated, but noticed that you are from Kremmling and wanted to say hi! Coldest temperatures I've ever been in were in Kremmling this last January when I went to visit family who recently purchased a home on lake agnes. We went to Kremmling for a trash run and breakfast. I think it was -14, or was it -40, oh hell it doesn't matter it was damn cold lol. Beautiful place and saw more mule deer on the drive back up the 40 that morning than I have ever seen before. Looking into a leftover tag for my 12 y/o son for that area next year.

Anyhow, good luck with those dudes leaving campers for excess amount of time!