PEAX SOLITUDE 4 TIPI GIVEAWAY

I wonder if there is a way to make a longer trekking pole that would be able to be used as the center pole on it's own. I know many guys like to take at least one trekker to save weight but this way you could still have two if needed and leave one at camp for your tent instead of taking the center pole. Also possibly have the other trekker split in two while still being able to extent and use for the stabilizer. Just a though. I like the tent though, I'd possibly buy this within the next couple seasons, been looking for an upgrade.

jpmulk

WKR
Love the floor option and the cross trek design. Fill a nice niche between a traditional tent and the basic floor less tipi. All of the pros with none of the cons. Looks sweet

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Review mentioned "sealed seams"- are all seams sealed from the factory, or would user need to seam seal after purchase? And the center pole is interesting, I'd have to see it in person/be inside the tent to really tell if it's worth it, one of the things that's nice about some of the other tips is the ability to just use a sapling and not carry the pole along. It's a pretty cool option though.

OP
peax_equip

peax_equip

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Does the footprint attach to the tipi with velcro or zipper?
The footprint gets staked out using 6 stakes. Once the tipi is installed over the top, then the footprint attaches at 6 connection points using small hooks on the footprint and loops on the tipi wall. Josh Boyd's review has a picture showing this connection point.

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
The footprint gets staked out using 6 stakes. Once the tipi is installed over the top, then the footprint attaches at 6 connection points using small hooks on the footprint and loops on the tipi wall. Josh Boyd's review has a picture showing this connection point.
Ok thank you!

OP
peax_equip

peax_equip

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
The door configuration is the most interesting feature to me, seems intuitive for several reasons. Been keeping my eye on this tent for a while.
Thanks for your feedback. The door configuration was definitely purposefully designed to avoid unnecessary stress on the zippers as well as provide a versatile option for being able to glass during inclement weather.

PRC

FNG
Like the idea of the cross trek ! Question about the doors do they have zippers at both ends or do they only zip in one direction?

The additional structural rigidity of the trekking poles is pretty genius. The ability to use them to hang and dry clothes is also a very convenient option. I’ve been looking at shelters hard and this one is at the top of my list. Definitely like the steep walls!

I’ll be honest here. I’ve never liked the idea of floorless tents and or floorless tipi tents. I go a lot of places where there are little nasty biting things and venomous snakes. I like the attachable bathtub floor in this tent but would really prefer to see it attached more securely with velcro all the way around. The cross supports with trekking poles is great but I don’t use trekking poles. Adding another option with some kind of lightweight poles would be great. Door design is fantastic! Having a spot on the floor that could be removed for a stove by utilizing velcro just like the stove jack would be nice. I know some of these things would add just a bit more weight but for me to have the added protection would be worth it. This is the first floorless style tepee that I would seriously like to use. Good job!

Just went back and looked at it again and saw that the floor does have the option to remove a portion for the stove. I must have skipped right over that.