PEAX SOLITUDE 4 TIPI GIVEAWAY

Crosstrek Stabilization, increases rigidity and I suspect useable space. The X-pac reinforcement is a good idea too I think. The idea of the footprint is pretty cool as well.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
@peax_equip - Brice I wasn’t trying to call you guys out, I had a genuine question to start the thread on the fabric you choose to manufacture with. I’m guessing you went through a few options there and landed on something, so was interested to hear what it was and why……

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
The crosstrek stabilization, looks like a great way to shed wind and allow me to hang stuff to dry.

mtlivin

FNG
Crosstreck stabilization for the more vertical walls and drying racks, 2 doors for seperate entry (especially when running a stove, and weight. Very nice design, should handle the vast majority of lower 48 storms, though I'm not sure this will hold up to AK wind storms. Center pole designs can only handle so much wind loading

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
A lot to like guys, nice work. I really like the trekking pole stabilization and ability to hang dry items, I don't like putting my leather boots on the ground close to the stove to dry, seems much less likely for a catastrophic event by having them hang high in the space where the hot air is.

Floor/tarp idea is pretty slick too!

jzeblaz

WKR
Win the new PEAX SOLITUDE 4 tipi or some of our other top rated gear!

Hey Everyone, Brice w/ PEAX here! As you may have seen in Robby's welcome post, PEAX is now an advertising partner with Rokslide and we are excited to be on the platform. With that being said, we wanted to do a big giveaway and give everyone in the community a chance to win one of our new SOLITUDE 4 tipi's, or some of our other top rated gear pieces.

HOW TO ENTER:

1. Read Josh Boyd's review on the SOLITUDE 4 tipi HERE.
2. Check out the SOLITUDE 4 tipi on our website HERE.
3. Come back to this thread and tell us what your favorite feature of the SOLITUDE 4 is OR ask us any question you may have.

That's it! Everyone that makes a comment in this thread will get entered into the giveaway and 1 person will be randomly selected to WIN the tipi. 5 other individuals will be selected to win prizes like our gaiters, trekking pole, or headlamp.

GOOD LUCK!

Brice

PS - We've also setup an exclusive product discount for the Rokslide community. You can use code "ROKSLIDE" on our website to save 10% on any of our products.
Crosstrek stabilization!

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the bathtub-ish floor with removable panel for a stove. Well thought out!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

OP
peax_equip

peax_equip

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Can you be a bit more specific on your fabric specs? Is it really PU coated silnylon on both sides or is it sil exterior and PU interior coatings? Did you use PU so you could factory tape the seams? Is this actually a PU or a PEU coating?

"The lightweight 20D Silnylon fabric with proprietary STORMSHIELD Coating™ is specially formulated to last up to 3x longer than traditional PU coatings ensuring lasting protection during inclement weather events."
Specially formulated Sil coating on the exterior and PU coating on the interior. Seam taped on the interior during manufacturing.

Gutshotem

WKR
Melted laces can become a nightmare, so the ability to hang boots to dry safely away from the stove is really nice.

One question though; did feedback or information from rokslide have much of an influence on the final product?

Jimbabwe

FNG
Classified Approved
I have to reiterate the trekking pole cross idea. (among several other great improvements on other tipi's that you guys knocked out of the park). Its those little innovative and creative ideas that change the game. Great job on this product. I've been looking for a tipi for some backcountry lovin, but the prices were always just at that point where a fella struggles to justify pulling the trigger. I'm thinking I might give this sucker a go!!

JohnB

WKR
Looks cool, I especially like the gear drying options and curved door. Any plans on a lighter version too? I really appreciate different twists on the mid style tent!

Edit: I'm an idiot and saw the "system" weight and didn't read closely! That really looks awesome!

Last edited:

Buck197

WKR
Like the Crosstrek stabilization, and also the door shape. Been meaning to pull the trigger on a new tipi soon too!!