Paying extra for shipping protection from businesses

The delivery guy tossed the package on your porch. He’s not even gone and porch pirate has it.

Post office has always had insurance for sale. If it is costly enough it is worth the extra insurance.
Good luck trying to get the post office to pay.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Good luck trying to get the post office to pay.
Yup. The post office even gets to “investigate” themselves. I received a box that was open and empty in my PO Box. I went through their entire process….

In the end: “we have looked into this situation and we have determined that we are not responsible….”

boatlee

FNG
I think this is to more combat porch pirates. It can be hassle to deal with constant claims and loss of inventory. Some companies are even stating they won't be responsible for it without the shipping protection. I think they are doing what is best for the economic and criminal climate we are in now.

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
I think this is to more combat porch pirates. It can be hassle to deal with constant claims and loss of inventory. Some companies are even stating they won't be responsible for it without the shipping protection. I think they are doing what is best for the economic and criminal climate we are in now.
Meanwhile many companies also give gear for free to “influencers” and every YouTuber with 10K followers, while the nobody working class guy gets nickel and dimed. Again, I’m a mid size business shipping hundreds of orders a week and thousands of orders every month. I can’t remember the last time I filed a claim for a lost package. It’s probably been at least 6 months.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My understanding is that once ups or Amazon takes a pictures of the package on your porch, they’re no longer responsible for the package and if a porch piece of shit pirate steals it then it’s on the homeowner.
Except when the person that delivered it steals it! Laterally had that one happen when a store subbed out a delivery to some sort of dash service, the idiot was being filmed on the porch camera and took a photo of the package in front of the house and then walked off with it.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Once the product is in the hand of the carrier itnis now between the carrier and the customer. Sorry but UPS runs your package over or loses it why should xyz company be held resposible for it. Make a claim with the carrier.
That isn't how the shipping insurance arrangement works, the insurance is between the shipper and shipping service not the recipient.

boatlee

FNG
do you one better. She delivered an empty package its clearly opened LOL. This was during Christmas and it was an apple watch. She knew what was in the package.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213_195206_Ring.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_195206_Ring.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 11