Pack odor eliminator?

cg2737

WKR
I just picked up a Kifaru E&E from the classifieds. It is in great shape, but reeks of Cologne. I have tried gear Aid Mirazyme and scent killer detergent. Nothing is touching this man musk. Does anyone have a suggestion as how to rid my pack of this smell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cg2737

cg2737

WKR
I will be trying the above mentioned tactics. He must have dumped an entire bottle of cologne in this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I could be wrong but I had a dog that laid tooth on a skunk and I bathed him in hydrogen peroxide and he was sleeping in the house that night. Hydrogen peroxide might just neutralize the chemical that skunks emit though. Don't know about cologne. I would probably just soak it in the bathtub with dawn and hang it in the shade for a while.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Who on earth wears cologne with their pack.......or even without a pack?

I'd smoke the heck out of it. And if that doesn't work, I'd burn it.

Do the baking soda wash. You could also see if you know someone with an ozone machine. Have a friend that works at a car dealer? They all have them To remove cigarette smoke form used cars.

OP
cg2737

cg2737

WKR
Who on earth wears cologne with their pack.......or even without a pack?

I'd smoke the heck out of it. And if that doesn't work, I'd burn it.

I totally agree. I absolutely hate perfumes and cologne. I sat the pack next to my AGC harness when I opened it and had to start the de perfuming process on it as well.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I totally agree. I absolutely hate perfumes and cologne. I sat the pack next to my AGC harness when I opened it and had to start the de perfuming process on it as well.
Man, that thing must be pretty loud. I'm not into cologne either, but it's understandable with an E&E. Those would probably be more of an everday carry item. You could probably just throw it in the wash if all else fails and start deodorizing it from there.

jmez

WKR
Guessing something must have spilled in it or on it. Time is likely going to be your best asset. Take it out and use it in the offseason and it should just fade away.

tommymo

Lil-Rokslider
If you live near a public ice hockey rink or have a ice hockey pro shop near by they have UV chambers that deodorize equipment.

If you live near a public ice hockey rink or have a ice hockey pro shop near by they have UV chambers that deodorize equipment.

Great idea. Because NOTHING smells worse than hockey equipment!! As a kid I dreaded the locker rooms.

Soak it overnight in a tub with LOTS of baking soda, and some Dawn dish soap. Then after a thorough rinse, Soak it another 12 hours in the tub with lots of sportwash. I figure that should do it.

ElwoodUT

FNG
Very hot water and lots of baking soda.
Agitate as much as you possible can as it sits in the water to work the smell out of every fiber.
Hang in the sun all opened up to dry.

I bought a layout blind that smelled like cigarettes and dog urine so bad that I couldn't even get inside it without feeling sick. This worked like a charm.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

Unfortunately for me (except with elk hunting) my sense of smell is my best sense. One year my buddy and I were .30 miles from the trailhead and I suddenly smelled cigarette smoke. I expected to run into someone on the trail, but saw no one until we got to the TH and there was a guy standing next to his truck smoking.

Cologne on a pack would be a "no go" from the start for me. It would never completely wash out enough. Good luck. I probably would have sent it back to the guy.