Pack odor eliminator?

OP
cg2737

cg2737

WKR
Unfortunately for me (except with elk hunting) my sense of smell is my best sense. One year my buddy and I were .30 miles from the trailhead and I suddenly smelled cigarette smoke. I expected to run into someone on the trail, but saw no one until we got to the TH and there was a guy standing next to his truck smoking.

Cologne on a pack would be a "no go" from the start for me. It would never completely wash out enough. Good luck. I probably would have sent it back to the guy.

Unfortunately you were correct. I can not get the smell out of it. I am just going to use it to carry back and forth to work. The seller did offer my money back, but I declined thinking that I would win the battle over the cologne.

MattB

WKR
I bought a Kuiu shirt that smelled like a dryer sheet and sunlight killed the smell. This may not work as well on a pack due to the multiple layers of material.

A guy I know who was a property manager used an ozone machine to get the smell of a 3 week-aged dead body out of one of his properties, so it should work on your pack.

Buy a bag of charcoal briquets. Seal it in a cooler or other fairly airtight box large enough for both the pack and charcoal. Change out the charcoal every couple of weeks. I'm not sure if you can air out the charcoal and reuse it to deodorize again, in which case you'd only need two bags and alternate them. Otherwise, it burns just the same and I've never noticed any different odors from the smoke or flavors in the meat I grill with it.

Hopefully you grill with charcoal.