Pack dilemma

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
Hey y’all, I need some guidance on pack selection/fitment. I’m 5’6”, about 18” torso length. I currently have a stone glacier x curve, and while it’s very comfortable and carries well, the frame is about even with the top of my ears, load lifter angle probably close to 45-50 degrees. I day hunt 95% of the time, and usually wind up in some thick brush where that 26” frame is just a nuisance. I feel like at my size, this frame is just overkill for me and most of my hunting.

Here’s my dilemma-both kifaru and exo make shorter frames in the 22-23.5” range. Would an ark or k4 frame 1) ride significantly lower, like bottom of my ear or less and 2) would a shorter frame like that still handle heavy loads acceptably?

Maybe I just need to suck it up and crouch more going through thick timber? I can get around ok-it’s really just a matter of such a tall pack being a constant annoyance in the trees. Would getting a frame 3” shorter really make much of a difference?

Or would I be better off keeping the x curve in my truck, and just using a true “day pack” while I hunt, and suffering the extra trip to get my frame if I manage to kill something?

Appreciate anyone’s thoughts or experiences

Timplant

Lil-Rokslider
I just move to FLAT stone glacier frame from a 22'' Kifaru. I miss the Kifaru (have it for sale currently) BUT the stone glacier is much comfier with light weight, day mode/three days. however over 50lb the Kifaru is the winner for me. I'm also 5'6'' and I hated the pack sticking up at first, but I'm now used to it, nuisance or not the comfort is worth it.. Took me since this may, but I won't be switching back.

Just my .02

The common theme is a taller frame Carrie’s weight better. Load lift angle is indeed important. However, I believe many people misunderstand what’s needed to work and buy too tall a frame. And, I think back pack makers agree.

Frame height to the top of the ears is the perfect height to get the best lift. So, if it were me I’d Bend over more. lol.

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
Hey y’all, I need some guidance on pack selection/fitment. I’m 5’6”, about 18” torso length. I currently have a stone glacier x curve, and while it’s very comfortable and carries well, the frame is about even with the top of my ears, load lifter angle probably close to 45-50 degrees. I day hunt 95% of the time, and usually wind up in some thick brush where that 26” frame is just a nuisance. I feel like at my size, this frame is just overkill for me and most of my hunting.

Here’s my dilemma-both kifaru and exo make shorter frames in the 22-23.5” range. Would an ark or k4 frame 1) ride significantly lower, like bottom of my ear or less and 2) would a shorter frame like that still handle heavy loads acceptably?

Maybe I just need to suck it up and crouch more going through thick timber? I can get around ok-it’s really just a matter of such a tall pack being a constant annoyance in the trees. Would getting a frame 3” shorter really make much of a difference?

Or would I be better off keeping the x curve in my truck, and just using a true “day pack” while I hunt, and suffering the extra trip to get my frame if I manage to kill something?

Appreciate anyone’s thoughts or experiences
I can't speak about the Ark, but I would go with the EXO K4 in the short frame. Yes, the taller frame might carry the heavy loads a little better for some, but I have not noticed any difference going from a 25" to a 22" other than the 22" being easier to move through the brush.