Pack dilemma

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
Hey y’all, I need some guidance on pack selection/fitment. I’m 5’6”, about 18” torso length. I currently have a stone glacier x curve, and while it’s very comfortable and carries well, the frame is about even with the top of my ears, load lifter angle probably close to 45-50 degrees. I day hunt 95% of the time, and usually wind up in some thick brush where that 26” frame is just a nuisance. I feel like at my size, this frame is just overkill for me and most of my hunting.

Here’s my dilemma-both kifaru and exo make shorter frames in the 22-23.5” range. Would an ark or k4 frame 1) ride significantly lower, like bottom of my ear or less and 2) would a shorter frame like that still handle heavy loads acceptably?

Maybe I just need to suck it up and crouch more going through thick timber? I can get around ok-it’s really just a matter of such a tall pack being a constant annoyance in the trees. Would getting a frame 3” shorter really make much of a difference?

Or would I be better off keeping the x curve in my truck, and just using a true “day pack” while I hunt, and suffering the extra trip to get my frame if I manage to kill something?

Appreciate anyone’s thoughts or experiences

Timplant

Lil-Rokslider
I just move to FLAT stone glacier frame from a 22'' Kifaru. I miss the Kifaru (have it for sale currently) BUT the stone glacier is much comfier with light weight, day mode/three days. however over 50lb the Kifaru is the winner for me. I'm also 5'6'' and I hated the pack sticking up at first, but I'm now used to it, nuisance or not the comfort is worth it.. Took me since this may, but I won't be switching back.

Just my .02