Outfitters banning bergers?!

WRO

WKR
It does matter, when viewed in context. Killing 1,000 animals without experimenting, analyzing the results, and understanding of what you are looking at doesn’t help much though.

There is a very large difference between killing 100 animals, and killing one animal 100 times.

I know there are guides that are knowledgeable- you probably are one of them. But, also can state with high confidence, that there are very few that are.

There is no “void”. The lungs are mechanically locked to the pleural cavity with pleural fluid and negative pressure in the entire circumference. A “void” would be a pneumothorax and is fatal.

I don’t understand what you are getting at here?

Not quickly enough fatal, maybe long term but no blood makes for a hard tracking job.

My analogy was more based in what repeatedly works vs what works in theory but is not often tested by the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
If outfitters banned fat ass lazy people I bet their success rates would go up much more than banning any bullet. But fat lazy ban would cause them to go out of business.

Soooo, bring on the obese with anything but Bergers.

Unfortunately long range rifles have entered the equation.

Take away range finders and people have to go back to reasonable ranges, fattys would be weeded out quickly.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Not quickly enough fatal, maybe long term but no blood makes for a hard tracking job.

My analogy was more based in what repeatedly works vs what works in theory but is not often tested by the masses.

Ahhh. I understand now, thank you.

Last edited:

WRO

WKR
6.5 PRC. I honestly think the expansion is too slow for thin skinned game like the pronghorn and doe whitetail that I had bad experiences with. What i saw was pin holes. If I was to shoot another deer or smaller sized critter with them I would high shoulder them to ensure getting bone. I shot a mule buck with the same set up high shoulder and he didn't flinch. The amount of damage was beyond extreme and made for a light pack out. I am only pushing these 2700 out of a short barrel.

What bullet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All bullets can fail. However I think when someone cries bullet failure or talks about how bad a bullet is it’s usually 1) a bullet doesn’t do what they expected or desired but the animal is dead or 2) it was a terrible shot that they are telling themselves was perfect.

rootacres

WKR
I think we all know that basically any bullet put in the wrong spot may not have the best results and vice versa. I have first hand experience of listening to a very seasoned guide swear off a handful of calibers and a couple different bullets. Im sure due to bad experiences from poor shots from clients. He doesn't tell anyone what they can or cannot use, just has his own opinion.

I also can't help but think there are many people the think they are Bob Lee Swager because they can out shoot the Fudd next to them on the 100 at their local range. Berger has been a big name in the long range game for a while. Some of these wanna be Bob Lees shoot Bergers because that's the bullet the long range guys use right? Then they flub shots in the moment.

WRO

WKR
I think we all know that basically any bullet put in the wrong spot may not have the best results and vice versa. I have first hand experience of listening to a very seasoned guide swear off a handful of calibers and a couple different bullets. Im sure due to bad experiences from poor shots from clients. He doesn't tell anyone what they can or cannot use, just has his own opinion.

I also can't help but think there are many people the think they are Bob Lee Swager because they can out shoot the Fudd next to them on the 100 at their local range. Berger has been a big name in the long range game for a while. Some of these wanna be Bob Lees shoot Bergers because that's the bullet the long range guys use right? Then they flub shots in the moment.

Yes and no, I post mortemed 2 elk that had perfect double lung pencil holes from un opened Bergers.

Barnes consistently so the same stuff.

They would’ve died eventually, but not without a tough trailing job.

The guys who’ve done it enough have educated opinions, the ones who are on the edges don’t.