OTC Archery Colorado

EHolcomb

FNG
Went on our first Colorado DIY OTC elk hunt in 2022. Absolutely got our butts kicked. Never seen an Elk but we had a blast. Colorado supposedly has the most Elk.....can't prove it by us. Do be prepared to deal with altitude sickness if a low lander. Only way to figured it out is to go. E-scouting is nice but the whole perception changes when you hit the ground. Embrace/Enjoy!
Did my first elk hunt in October 2022 in Northern Colorado and it was a great learning experience but I never saw a single elk. Saw a moose and some mule deer. I agree 100% that the perception from E-scouting changes instantly when you start hiking up a mountain. I didnt get sick but i definitely hard trouble breathing upwards of 10k feet.

The Elk are all gone in Colorado. They moved to Wyoming when the Woke asshats of Colorado decided to reintroduce wolves in Colorado. Nothing to see here. move along.
It seems everyone else in Colorado, including the hunters, allowed it to happen by not paying attention or taking action.

Gerbdog

WKR
It seems everyone else in Colorado, including the hunters, allowed it to happen by not paying attention or taking action.
Woo man, shots fired, i did my part and voted against it. All the other hunters i know voted against it also. Do i like the outcome? nah. Short of moving to a nation without democracy i will have to accept the outcome of the majority in the state and learn to adapt to the changes. As is the way in this country, folks are allowed to put crap up to a vote after a few hurdles. I respect the process, but to say i allowed it to happen by not paying attention just aint a fair assessment of the situation.