OSHA has officially released their ETS for Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozeman

WKR
Nothing worth having is easy.....so save your responses on something being 'not that easy'.......

Interesting how many will workout all year to be in shape for a one week backcountry hunt, but wont gut it out to start a business to make a better life for yourself? No wander success rates in elk back country DIY hunts are around 12%.

Wrench

WKR
Here's what I'm learning as all this unfolds (I'm an HR professional). A lot of religious exemptions are being denied, and the majority of people who were denied will not seek a lawsuit, and the majority of lawyers won't take the case.

Some companies seem to be very lax with their exemption criteria, others very strict. It seems to be more how desperate they are for government dollars vs political leaning (although that could still influence some companies).

If you are trying to claim a religious exemption, be prepared to get denied if you aren't part of an established religion that rejects vaccines and traditional medicine, or have gotten vaccinated in the past (like flu, or vaccines for kids to go to school).

As someone who works in the HR field, all of this is uncharted territory for HR and legal. HR isn't going to decide the exemption in most cases, the companies lawyers will. HR may help filter requests to the legal teams, but again, I'm finding for larger organizations it's the legal teams reviewing claims.

If you work for a federal contractor then expect to be vaccinated or fired unless you have subscribed to a mainstream religion that is and has always been against vaccines.

Some companies may also approve exceptions and later find they were in the wrong if the federal government (ie, Biden) goes even deeper and starts investigating claims. But that would take the EEOC I would imagine getting involved and they'll be busy for a while with complaints. Again, all uncharted territory. Good luck out there.
This has already been to the supreme in Thomas v Indiana.

Simple to argue based on that decision....but to dumb it down for simple understanding,

Is a catholic priest sincere in his religious beliefs?

Can he sin?

If he sins, does that mean he lacks sincerity?

What if he molests a boy?

Title 7 of 1964 is pretty clear.

Scroll down to

UNLAWFUL EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES

SEC. 2000e-2. [Section 703]

As an HR pro, prepare to defend "undue hardships" that is your only option. If your plaintiffs argue that PPE is reliable and available things will get spicy. Rare occasions that a PAPR won't work....and if they wait you out until a covid positive case emerges in your 100% vaccinated business, there's going to be more to overcome.

ODB

WKR
Nothing worth having is easy.....so save your responses on something being 'not that easy'.......

Interesting how many will workout all year to be in shape for a one week backcountry hunt, but wont gut it out to start a business to make a better life for yourself? No wander success rates in elk back country DIY hunts are around 12%.

Maybe I just need to type slower... here goes...

it eventually wont make any difference what size your company is. It will become "if you serve the public, you are affected by the mandate."

You have a decided lack of imagination to see this type of thing.

ODB

WKR
All your complaining about the vaccine...and you're vaccinated.

Hilarious.

You must have comprehension problems.

No one mandated I get it - no one hinged my job on it. If you can't intellectually see the difference between making a choice and being forced - at risk of losing your means of a living - you have some issues.

Can you see the difference?

Sorry - but i can't find the emoji for this so had to type it...

BuzzH

WKR
Maybe I just need to type slower... here goes...

it eventually wont make any difference what size your company is. It will become "if you serve the public, you are affected by the mandate."

You have a decided lack of imagination to see this type of thing.
You took the vaccine...I guess your imagination only goes so far.

BuzzH

WKR
You must have comprehension problems.

No one mandated I get it - no one hinged my job on it. If you can't intellectually see the difference between making a choice and being forced - at risk of losing your means of a living - you have some issues.

Can you see the difference?

Sorry - but i can't find the emoji for this so had to type it...
Risk-Reward...make a choice and live with it. Its not like the information or consequences of your choices aren't out there.

I don't care and won't get in your way on whatever choice you make. Just don't cry about it when you decide.

BuzzH

WKR
When using VigiAccess, it is important to consider the following:

1. The information on this website relates to potential side effects; that is, symptoms and other circumstances that have been observed following the use of a medicinal product, but which may or may not be related to or caused by that product .
  2. Information in VigiAccess on potential side effects should not be interpreted as meaning that the medicinal product or its active substance either caused the observed effect or is unsafe to use. Confirming a causal link is a complex process that requires a thorough scientific assessment and detailed evaluation of all available data. The information on this website, therefore, does not reflect any confirmed link between a medicinal product and a side effect .
  3. VigiAccess cannot be used to determine the likelihood of a side effect occurring . A VigiAccess search on a medicinal product will return a basic list of reported potential side effects and the number of times each effect has been reported. However, the database does not include other factors needed to put that number into context, such as how many people have taken the product, how long they have taken it, how long it has been on the market, and the differing reporting practices that influence which observations are included in the reports.
  4. VigiAccess cannot be used to compare the safety profiles of different medicinal products . For the same reasons explained in point 3, VigiAccess cannot provide sufficient context to make such comparisons possible.
  5. The information on VigiAccess should not be used in isolation to make any decisions regarding a patient's treatment regimen . Patients and their healthcare providers should always consult other sources of information, including the product inserts and other recognised sources of prescribing information.

A lot of what rubs me the wrong way is the changing messages about vaccines. If you read sources that were written before Covid (prior to 2020) you find statements like this:

"Vaccines don't just work on an individual level, they protect entire populations. Once enough people are immunized, opportunities for an outbreak of disease become so low even people who aren't immunized benefit. Essentially, a bacteria or virus simply won't have enough eligible hosts to establish a foothold and will eventually die out entirely. This phenomenon is called "herd immunity" or "community immunity," and it has allowed once-devastating diseases to be eliminated entirely, without needing to vaccinate every individual."

And anything related to vaccines after 2020 says that if every single person isn't vaccinated we will experience an endless variety of variants that render all vaccines useless. I never heard any argument like that regarding any other vaccine I've ever received prior to this year.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Here is a strategy for discussion. Request religious exemption. If it is approved great. If not and you are subsequently fired, that is good fuel for a lawsuit.

Not sure if a fed can sue their employer, but an exemption request might get tangled up in red tape with all the others for a good long while at the very least. Maybe by then they will accept the notion of natural immunity or deem the EO unconstitutional or some other thing to cause retraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is my approach as a Fed. employee.

BuzzH

WKR
Not sure I would take that at face value. 115750 psych disorders from the vax? And what the hell is "social circumstances?"
Agreed, confirmation bias via facebook posts, instagram, and other social media/web "sources" with a lack of researching said sources is a big part of the misinformation problem.

Due diligence on authors, funding of the "research", etc. are all important to validating "facts".

Status
Not open for further replies.