Oregon Spring Bear 2023

duckhuntr

FNG
Kind of late to the game as my spring plans changed, is there ever any OTC spring bear tags left in Oregon? Particularly in the NE corner?

Embarger

FNG
I drew south central, has anyone here had success in that area?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DaleW

WKR
Did some scouting in the Alsea unit this past weekend. It starting snowing on me pretty hard at one point. Looks like the first few days of the season are going to be pretty nasty on the coast. When it does start greening up it should be good, but it may take a little longer for them start moving this year.

Baddog

WKR
I drew south central, has anyone here had success in that area?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I’ve hunted it a couple times. Never seen a bear. I think when I was looking at the reported bears killed it was only like 1-3 a season, so not many. Fun to see new country but probably a reason that up until a few years ago they never sold all the tags, but now that bear hunting is popular they are getting bought.

You know when you only want a point because your spring is too busy you end up getting lucky and drawing 🤯. I’m trying to figure out what the timing is going to look like getting some access into the NE unit l drew. Anyone that has insights on the first accessible roads in ches would be greatly appreciated.

You know when you only want a point because your spring is too busy you end up getting lucky and drawing 🤯. I’m trying to figure out what the timing is going to look like getting some access into the NE unit l drew. Anyone that has insights on the first accessible roads in ches would be greatly appreciated.
You can always just go down Lower Imnaha and hunt from the bottom up. Green grass down there right now.

NJ2OR

FNG
Hi all, I am new to Rokslide so I may be posting this in the wrong area. Apologies if that is the case.

But, does anyone have any pics of recent bear outings since the start of the season? Even if they aren't of bear i'm curious to see what others are seeing!

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
Does anybody have a good recommendation for a reliable taxidermist around Grants Pass?

Also one question that interests me. My old man grew up in Rogue River and we were talking about illegal grow ops up in the hills and just being careful. Anyone ever come across one?

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
Does anybody have a good recommendation for a reliable taxidermist around Grants Pass?

Also one question that interests me. My old man grew up in Rogue River and we were talking about illegal grow ops up in the hills and just being careful. Anyone ever come across one?
I had Eell’s taxidermy in Merlin do my buck last year.

Now that pot is legal it’s not really an issue on public land

Thank you
Another recommendation for him, he shoulder mounted my wife’s buck this past year and does good work. I plan on sticking with him going forward, my last 2 have recently retired, but Eell’s is great… quick turnaround too, I picked up my wife’s buck a couple weeks ago

He also does a good job on the predators too, which seem to be hard to come by.

EZduzIT

Lil-Rokslider
Another recommendation for him, he shoulder mounted my wife’s buck this past year and does good work. I plan on sticking with him going forward, my last 2 have recently retired, but Eell’s is great… quick turnaround too, I picked up my wife’s buck a couple weeks ago

He also does a good job on the predators too, which seem to be hard to come by.
That’s great to hear. I visited his website, looks like a great family operation and I’d be happy to support that. Thanks for the recommendation.