Opinions on Bino and Rangefinder please.

Edan

FNG
I love my Razor HD 8x42 set of binos. Run the sig rf now and I like it but anything was better than what I had. I would like to get my hands on a hd 4000 to check out.

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
What distance do you expect to need to range? Assuming you don't need a lot in MI, right? Are you wanting something that does ballistics (I assume not, since again, MI is probably shorter range shooting)? I'd look at Sig and Leica, but there are other good RF's. I highly recommend getting something with a red display vs the black displays used in many of the lower end rangefinders. The black can get lost in tree lines and shadows and be unreadable. I personally own a Leica CRF and a Sig 2400ABS, and both are excellent for different reasons.

As for bino's several good options. Swarovski SLC's in 10x42 have been discontinued. They are above your budget a little, but if you can find a pair and are willing to spend the coin, they're pretty awesome. Seems future Swaro options will be a lot more $$$ with the SLC's gone. Another excellent option is the Leupold BX-4's. Optically they are excellent and very comparable to the SLC's in most ways (weight, handling, etc). They are 1/3rd the cost of the SLC's and fit your budget fine. You could get those and a nice RF and have quite a bit left over.

I happen to have a like new pair of BX-4s in 10x42 that I'll be listing soon if you're interested in that route. Send me a PM for details if interested.

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Any plans in the future to the incorporate the Razor UHD optical system? I was all about your Binos until you guys started making them in China. I spoke to my Vortex rep a little while ago and was told thr UHDs are made in Japan. Still own several of your Japanese made scopes.
I am not aware of any plans to at this point as that would drive the price up pretty significantly. We felt the Viper HD line of glass would be great for the Fury HD as it still offers a higher end optical system while keeping the price point affordable. It would be a nice offering though and I'll definitely pas the request along.

We do manufacture products in China, Japan, the Philippines, Thailand, and here in the US. It really just depends on quantities needed. The change I believe you are referring to is when we moved the Razor HD binos from Japan to China. It was simply a matter of production. Same components, same optical quality, and same specifications.

DMTJAGER

FNG
Classified Approved
I have been deer and turkey hunting for 35+ years and been on five out west elk hunts. Second only to my rifle and scope (I believe a rifle and scope are essentially one unit comprised of two parts the scope being the more important of the two) I feel that absolutely no other piece of equipment is more important than my binoculars, I was the first among my hunting friends to invest in bino's, a pair of Japanese made leupold Wind River bino's over 30 years ago.
Never new what I was missing (LITERALLY SPEAKING) until a guy let me use his Swaro SLC 10x42 bino's for the day while elk hunting out west 5 years ago.
Spend the money get a pair of 8x32 or 10x42 SLC's and you will NEVER ever regret doing so.
I always recommend 10x over 7x or 8x because to many times while public ground run-n-gun turkey hunting have I spotted Tom's well shaded in the very end of a wooded edge in a corner of a huge field with my 10x's my hunting buddy didn't see with his 8x's even after I talked him onto the Tom. Once I let him use my 10x's he then spotted the Tom.
IMHO no other piece of hunting equipment is more important to your success than your bino's. NONE.
I personally never had any issues holding my 10x bino's steady as some have said.

Last edited: