OnX Hunt Maps vs GoHunt Maps

philcox

WKR
I just uploaded my 680 waypoints from OnX.... They all just say waypoint, so it sounds like I just have to go in and manually edit each one in GoHunt?
Yep, time to house clean. It seems as though there is not really a way to transfer "metadata". I am assuming this is to make the platforms "sticky" and make it a pain to move, but still be able to say "portable" ;)

cclj03

FNG
Yep, time to house clean. It seems as though there is not really a way to transfer "metadata". I am assuming this is to make the platforms "sticky" and make it a pain to move, but still be able to say "portable" ;)

Bummer!

Looks like I’ll have to spend a couple hours editing the important ones

KNZ

FNG
How often does OnX update their satellite imagery? Hunting in the PNW in timber country and the age of a clearcut is important.

cclj03

FNG
...and is Go Hunt updated more often?

Hard to say. I bet it’s about the same, but GoHunt might have the edge on most recent imagery. Where GoHunt is lacking is quality of imagery.

Lots of there images have clouds, or were taken in winter or early spring months so there is no foliage.

Onx has almost none of that - virtually all their map images are from summer or fall so you get a good idea of what the foliage looks like.

Reactions: KNZ