OnX Hunt Maps vs GoHunt Maps

I've tried hard to like gohunt I like the terrain analysis feature but dang it's really slow here at the house

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
one thing that sticked out to me as well is almost all state departments use ONX as well. A case in point is I encountered a situation this year as wasn't sure so I spoke to a warden about it. He said trust ONX, if its on there as it is your good. That is what we use and that is what we would use is something was to arise from it.
Just a thought

GoHunt seems to be gaining popularity overall. Do they truly offer anything more than OnX or is it mostly a Chevy/Ford type thing? Curious mostly for the phone specific usage, as opposed to computer mapping etc.

I have gohunt. I don't like the line/trail platform. If you want to plot a hike you had better get it right the first time. There is no undo option which drives me crazy. OnX has an undo option which clears the last data point on the line. There's nothing like getting 2-3 miles into a line, make an error, and have to start over. I called them last year and they are aware of the issue. To my knowledge this has not been changed. At least, last time I used it which was a few months ago.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
I feel like go hunt has pushed onx to be better. I never have subscribed or paid for go hunt but have heard about their features and noticed that onx has been including more deals as well as coming out with new things. I personally have enjoyed the Top rut feature which is only for elite members but is all the draw odds. Just my ¢.02

199p

FNG
Hey guys, any update on this?
Was looking at Go hunt more for the points tracking, draw odds etc and a back up for mapping.
I am running basemaps from strava and very happy with it performs.

dlee56

WKR
I’ve heard it’s improved a ton since their first launch. I’m considering trying it out this season to see if I can totally switch

180ls1

WKR
OnX is king for phone/in-field use.

GoHunt is king for desktop and research.

BaseMap is always worth having given how cheap it is. Same for Google Earth (free, vital for desktop also).

Pick your combo.

Pluce

FNG
The competition has been good for this space.

Tapping into Google Earth for full e-scouting powers

Gaia for navigation

GOHUNT has come along way, great to complement e-scouting with Google Earth images. Is now primary for infield waypoints / mapping / tracking

OnX still has some features would love others to include

PaleAiles

FNG
OnX for me. I considered doing the full GoHunt membership this year and switching it up, but at $50 more it didn't seem worth it since I don't plan on hunting more than two states. Seems like GoHunt would be worth it if I hunted more states, but I'll stick with OnX for the good maps and because it's what I'm comfortable with until the day comes when I can hunt a bunch of states.

drpnw

FNG
the competition is great and definitely needed, there's no incentive to improve without it. all these tech platforms will try to get you locked in to their walled garden but if you go through the process of exporting all your waypoints and know how to import them to other apps (it's not hard), there isnt much downside to trying a new map app for a season or even just timing the trial with a scouting trip

I have both and use both. The maps a better on the GoHunt system, in my opinion. However, the user interface is better with OnX. Almost all my friends have OnX and that makes sharing info easy. GoHunt has some features that are very useful.
It’s really a toss up.

I use Goggle Earth Pro for 99% of E-scouting and then transfer Coordinates back and forth between OnX and Google Earth. Anything I find and mark in the field I transfer to Google Earth.

I am sure the OnX technicians have sure found some great hunting "Honey Holes" all over the US.

Ramem7mm

FNG
in the field OnX Maps are better. I like Go Hunt and want to support what they are doing but they need better mapping.