Online bird dog training courses?

We picked up a Griffon pup this weekend and I am somewhat new to training, I do have an older wirehair but I got him as a 4 year old rescue. I while I have shot birds over him most of his training was just obedience and the birds stuff just happened. This time I got a pup and want a little more structure. Does anyone have experience with any of the online courses? There's a few but I'm leaning towards Talmage Smedleys courses as he seems successful in the pointer world but am having a hard time finding reviews of his training courses. Picture for cuteness
https://tsdoghouse.com/dog-training-courses/

Attachments

• PXL_20241021_171142003.jpg
    PXL_20241021_171142003.jpg
    621.7 KB · Views: 8

Russp

FNG
I have utlized the standing stone kennels videos quite a bit. I like them. I utilized the youtube videos for free, but my buddy just got a GWP that he paid for the online videos/training program and really enjoyed it.

OP
E
I have utlized the standing stone kennels videos quite a bit. I like them. I utilized the youtube videos for free, but my buddy just got a GWP that he paid for the online videos/training program and really enjoyed it.
The standing stone videos are great, I just find myself skipping around too much

OP
E
What are you trying to accomplish?

Retrieve? Honor? Obedience? Bird Intro? etc
All of the above, he's only 12 weeks old now, I was just looking for more structure opposed to just random training whoa today, recall tomorrow then force fetch the next day.

JGood

Lil-Rokslider
I dont know of anyone who does a really good complete online course. I have heard good things about Standing Stone.

Unfortunately some people are REALLY good at teaching certain things and not as good at teaching others.

The issue with online courses is they tend to teach you more about how to set up drills than they do how to read a dogs behavior and train around that behavior.

Griffons TEND to be pretty softer handling dogs. If that is your pup, positive reinforcement programs that utilize clickers and rewards are going to get you further than force breaking dogs.

The best books ive read have been the Smith books....though they certainly angle more towards harder headed dogs.

I have seen the best success with folks who find a good training club in their area with a good pro.

Where do you live? is there a local NVHDA chapter?