OFFICIAL 'Sheep Show' 2019 Thread

i had a great time at the show Friday. so many great contacts, so nice to see some of the high quality gear in person and hold it, try it on and just get a better idea what these products looked like. This will certainly be an annual event for me now. I spent a good deal of time talking with Mystery Ranch, Kifaru, Schnees, First Lite, Lathrop and Sons and these companies all had top notch representation. I left friday before the storm came in and I am hearing some reports of a lot of people stuck trying to get home through several feet of snow. one friend took 11 hours to get back on this side of the sierra nevada mountains.

blackdog

Lil-Rokslider
730130b9a79766c66c9e25c4efe29309.jpg

Wow! Someone must have a giant located in Oregon!

MtGomer

WKR
I would have thought a Stone would go for more then a Dall.

Anybody can buy that stone hunt from an outfitter for about that price and any B.C. resident can hunt anywhere pretty much for the cost of getting there
The buyer of the Kluane tag will be the only non native person to hunt sheep in the area all year. They have huge rams. That’s why it brings that kind of money.

MtnMuley

WKR
Fun weekend, but for the most part there wasn't much new and exciting for me other than visiting with outfitters and their staff about great hunts last season. Disappointed with Sitka's new offerings. Kuiu is about the same. FL had several new items, but in my eyes, they're "stretching" just come up with something new. Nothing I will buy. Kifaru had the new bag, but was basically just repping the same solid packs that's put them on top. Boot companies basically all looked the same besides a few minor new models. All the gun builders obviously brought their best and choosing the "best" would simply be impossible. All great in my eyes. The company I feel who took the greatest stride to become the best in their sector would be Stone Glacier. Expanding from their proven packs to pants/jackets/tents tells me they're here to win business. PS, I don't even own a single SG item. All in all, fun weekend with good people.

Fun weekend, but for the most part there wasn't much new and exciting for me other than visiting with outfitters and their staff about great hunts last season. Disappointed with Sitka's new offerings. Kuiu is about the same. FL had several new items, but in my eyes, they're "stretching" just come up with something new. Nothing I will buy. Kifaru had the new bag, but was basically just repping the same solid packs that's put them on top. Boot companies basically all looked the same besides a few minor new models. All the gun builders obviously brought their best and choosing the "best" would simply be impossible. All great in my eyes. The company I feel who took the greatest stride to become the best in their sector would be Stone Glacier. Expanding from their proven packs to pants/jackets/tents tells me they're here to win business. PS, I don't even own a single SG item. All in all, fun weekend with good people.

This right here pretty much summed it all up. But in reality if you’ve yet to take a sheep, whose actually going to not try and win a sheep hunt anyways lol... personally I’d hate to be the 3-4 guys that got drawn in the

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

three5x5s

WKR
I want one o
Active hoody from Sitka. Polartec Alpha Direct insulation, much lighter than the Active jacket material since it doesn't have the liner .
d7d29fc4e6b46d3b91d2af959e3091be.jpg
6a5481c7ffe601aeedf5078c1c5f2c02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'll be picking up one of these, I have the Alpha Direct in a Rab jacket and I really like it.
Time out, I just seen its a vest, my bad. Have to think where a vest with short sleeves will work.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I want one o

I'll be picking up one of these, I have the Alpha Direct in a Rab jacket and I really like it.
Time out, I just seen its a vest, my bad. Have to think where a vest with short sleeves will work.
Yeah, not technically a vest, not technically a jacket.... but it does have a hood so there's that. I still wish they had just put a hood on the active jacket from last year. Or, give this one sleeves. They can try to explain why they did it and I'm still not buying it. This piece makes sense in about a ten day period in September. Other than that it's just out of place.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk