OFFICIAL 'Sheep Show' 2019 Thread

I just got home from the show, only got to go one day but what a great time!! I’ll be making it a yearly trip from now on and will plan on spending at least Friday and Saturday. Next year is my year to win a hunt.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would be nice if this is basically an uninsulated, lighter, more breathable version of the briksdal. Does look a little shorter.

It is in my opinion. Not quite as narrow as the Briksdal. I’ve been wearing them for about 3 weeks. Wore them the entire sheep show and for a stiffer boot they were very comfy for all day standing. Have done a couple miles with about 50 lbs. need to swap insoles but they have been impressive so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Must not be much innovation or changes for 2019, activity is low for pictures.

First lite has quite a few accessories like new gloves. Few more main line pieces. Video is edited I just need to upload when I get home

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
There was this little 209+ bighorn:)
5f6f7b9a13b2518fe589c6d34532024b.jpg

I had a great time at the show! It was much smaller than Dallas Safari Club Convention and in a good way. Quality over quantity. At <1 reception, when I heard "this one's from Texas... I've never heard of this town..." adrenaline was pumping! Alas, for the time being, I will still be paying for a Dall hunt.

Currently stuck in South Lake Tahoe after 48" of snow the last 24 hours! I wish I could stay and ski today but we've got to find our way down to the airport. I'd love to come back next year.

Active hoody from Sitka. Polartec Alpha Direct insulation, much lighter than the Active jacket material since it doesn't have the liner .
d7d29fc4e6b46d3b91d2af959e3091be.jpg
6a5481c7ffe601aeedf5078c1c5f2c02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gosh this really disappoints me. I was hoping for a real active hoody from them, not something to wear with a flatbill. Sometimes I wonder where they come up with this stuff.

Gosh this really disappoints me. I was hoping for a real active hoody from them, not something to wear with a flatbill. Sometimes I wonder where they come up with this stuff.

Hell it seems like a good idea to me, hate having sleeves from multiple layers getting bunched up. I’m not sure what flatbills have to do with it, it probably looks goofy to almost all tastes.

“Bill Belichick inspired functionally”

Hmmm. I saw this thing at the Harrisburg show and didn’t know what it was until now. My impression was that insulation would pick up a lot of hangers. Couldn’t really see the point of short sleeves expect maybe as a bow hunting garment or an attempt to cut bulk as a mid layer.

I like my active jacket. I need to get a tall or size up but I think it offer some good warmth for its weight. I would be in for a hooded version but want some sleeves. Heck I would prefer a vest to short sleeves.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just from talking with someone at Sitka I gather they are making something kind of between cloudburst and dewpoint. Little heavier and more durable face fabric than dewpoint and more features but fewer features and lighter than cloudburst. 16 or 17 ounces if I recall correct.
There isn't anything this year to replace the Dewpoint series, that'll be a 2020 piece at ther earliest. The factory that produced that material shut down, the Sitka guys said they knew it was coming for a couple of years, and have been working on a replacement for the Dewpoint, but it won't be available this year. He didn't have any specifics on weight for me, or exact availability schedule either.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just from talking with someone at Sitka I gather they are making something kind of between cloudburst and dewpoint. Little heavier and more durable face fabric than dewpoint and more features but fewer features and lighter than cloudburst. 16 or 17 ounces if I recall correct.
Also, if you dig pockets on the outside of your rain gear you might not like the new Cloudburst series, or Stormfront series. They did away with most of the outer pockets, and removable hoods.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I am just not seeing where a sleeveless active hoody fits. just me
The way they explained it was it is designed to work with the Apex hoody to keep bulk down, and to provide just a little more insulating property. It is MUCH thinner than the Active jacket, and overall weight of it is really low. 100% designed as an August and September system piece. I agree, I wish it had full sleeves, but I guess you can take that up with Barklow at Sitka. Sounds like they didn't want to add any bulk in the sleeves area to interfere with bow strings. That thing is between a Core lightweight and mid weight in material thickness. It's hard to describe until you see it in person.

Trial153

WKR
The way they explained it was it is designed to work with the Apex hoody to keep bulk down, and to provide just a little more insulating property. It is MUCH thinner than the Active jacket, and overall weight of it is really low. 100% designed as an August and September system piece. I agree, I wish it had full sleeves, but I guess you can take that up with Barklow at Sitka. Sounds like they didn't want to add any bulk in the sleeves area to interfere with bow strings. That thing is between a Core lightweight and mid weight in material thickness. It's hard to describe until you see it in person.

Interesting, thanks for the info. I will have to give it some thought as never wished the kelvin active was any lighter.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The one thing I noticed in the catalog that I didn't ask them about there was the new Traverse pants. I'll have to take a look at them at the Hunt Expo this week.

Anyone have a list of what the big auction tags brought? Always fun to watch the money raised for wild sheep during the Sat night auction.

Only one I have seen, AZ Desert Sheep Governor tag brought $265k.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone have a list of what the big auction tags brought? Always fun to watch the money raised for wild sheep during the Sat night auction.

Only one I have seen, AZ Desert Sheep Governor tag brought $265k.

Alaska chugache permit went for 100k.

wyosteve

WKR
Thanks for posting Can't Hit Em. I left before the Sat. night banquet. Looks like some prices were down a slight amount from last year.