OFFICIAL Peterson Cartridge Customer Support Thread

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think the reason reloaders sometimes go over sammi pressure is due to some cartridges having lower allowable pressures than other cartridges sharing the same parent case design. But perhaps we are naïve about the case head specs that would make for a difference? You got 30-06 and 280rem at 60kpsi but then 270win and 280ackley are 65kpsi. With the obvious caveat that you do not endorse exceeding sammi specs (we all understand :) ) are their differences in the case head design between those calibers we should be aware of?

Thanks for making 284WIN, I ordered a barrel and 250rds of your brass. Still waiting on the barrel while your brass is all nice and shiny patiently waiting.

wyosam

WKR
We unfortunately have no plans to produce a 7x57 Mauser. Thanks for your interest in Peterson Cartridge!

Oh I use lots of your brass, I just have this pesky 257 Roberts improved that could use a better brass option. Glad you guys are making 284 win, I’ve got 100 of them ready (though now 338-284) for a barrel to show up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdupontjr

WKR
I had seen that you offer 300 WM in the "Long" version. I had briefly seen 7mm rem mag in the same "Long" version. Do you still offer the 7mm Rem mag "Long" version?

OP
Peterson Cartridge Co
I think the reason reloaders sometimes go over sammi pressure is due to some cartridges having lower allowable pressures than other cartridges sharing the same parent case design. But perhaps we are naïve about the case head specs that would make for a difference? You got 30-06 and 280rem at 60kpsi but then 270win and 280ackley are 65kpsi. With the obvious caveat that you do not endorse exceeding sammi specs (we all understand :) ) are their differences in the case head design between those calibers we should be aware of?

Thanks for making 284WIN, I ordered a barrel and 250rds of your brass. Still waiting on the barrel while your brass is all nice and shiny patiently waiting.
Head hardness and the overall hardness throughout the case starts with the molecular structure of the cup. When developing a new cartridge, we work directly with our cup suppliers to design the perfect cup for that particular cartridge. Some of our casings are able to use the same cup as another. As far as maximum pressure from case to case of similar characteristics, the SAAMI Max pressure is more dependent on the caliber, shoulder, & internal volume versus the head hardness & design. For the case head design, the webbing thickness could contribute to the pressure as well. Although, .270 Win and .30-06 Sprg have the same webbing thickness but different max PSI as you mentioned...
Loaders find themselves over pressure due to disregarding load book guidelines for their chambering. While reloading books often give a conservative Max Load, everyone's rifle and loads are different and you sometimes can't run a max posted load without pressure signs. Just because the max number is there, doesn't mean you have to be at that or beyond to produce accurate and precise loads with a great SD. Just follow the darn books people!
Below I attached a picture of our cups! This is the starting point for our production process.

Attachments

• 20220720_122032.jpg
    20220720_122032.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 59